Thursday, April 08, 2010

Still Here.

I had chocolate pudding at 5:30 this morning. Because I'm 38 weeks pregnant-- which is a full MONTH more pregnant than I ever was with Wes-- and I've pretty much stopped caring. If anyone wants to tell me I can't have chocolate pudding for breakfast I will punch them.

If I can catch them.

Which is unlikely.

While I still lived up in Utah I very briefly dated a guy who had a married friend with a pregnant wife who was probably about where I am now. One night we went over there to drop something off on our way to a movie and the wife wanted to come say hi real fast before we headed out. I still vividly remember sitting in their living room and watching her emerge from their darkened hallway. She was massive. She lumbered. It was kind of like watching an old horror movie with some kind of slow moving blobby menace. It was frightening. I remember thinking, "Oh sweet mercy, I am never having children."

And now that is me. I am that lumbering thing emerging from the darkness to haunt your dreams and make you vow to never have children because, "Sweet heavens, is there even any recovering from that?"

I hope so, my friends. I hope so.

7 comments:

Janelle said...

What's wrong with pudding for breakfast? It's a great source of calcium. And um, cocoa beans are a vegetable, right?

Unknown said...

Well... I think I win this conversation. I had two flippin' baby boys in me who were near 6 lbs each! Talk about uncomfortable!

Good luck with everything. Let him come when he is ready--- are you having contractions yet?

Jennifer Smith said...

I was pregnant a full 41 weeks with a 22 in., 9 lbs. 2 oz baby. Hope you won't be. Good luck.

Heather said...

Kayla, you crack me up. This puts me right back in that scary stage of the end of pregnancy. Please don't make me return, I'm still attempting to shed the weight.

Becca said...

This is probably the funniest thing EVER. And you terrify me. BUT IT'S TOO LATE.

Janssen said...

You are making me want to have my baby now. Except my baby only weighs 1.75 pounds.

naomi said...

I have no idea how I ran into your blog but I've been keeping tabs on it for a while. This post cracked me up too much to not comment though. I'm about 38 weeks pregnant and definitely a sizeable enough mass to recreate my own Godzilla episode if I fancied.