Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Labor Induction Methods That Don't Work

1. Turning over as violently as possible because you keep reading stories that say things like, "I just rolled over in bed and my water broke!"

2. Poking your belly and chanting, "Get out get out get out get out!"

3. Making yourself sneeze constantly because you keep reading stories that say things like, "I just sneezed and my water broke!"

4. Reminding your belly multiple times a day that "TODAY would be an AWESOME birthday!!"

5. Laughing harder than necessary because you keep reading stories that say things like, "I was just laughing with my friend and my water broke!"

6. Having your two year old say very sweetly to your belly, "Come out and play with me, baby brother!" (...or something roughly approximating that)

7. Everything else I've tried.

13 comments:

The Christensens said...

My mantra lately has been "they're easier to take care of inside than outside...stay in as long as you want little one" Perhaps yours has been eavesdropping?? Sorry about that ;) Of course I was 9 days late with Ian so this is still seeming like nothing to me. It must feel like an eternity when you were nearly a month into parenthood by this point last time around!!

Kamy said...

Today would be a great day because he would share it with Cade!

angela hardison said...

here's to hoping your little one comes out soon! good luck with everything.

TheMoncurs said...

Becky- That WAS my mantra until about a week ago when I stopped sleeping. Then I was like, "I changed my mind. OUT." I know I still won't get tons of sleep after he's born but I guarantee it will be more than I'm getting now!

Kamy- If only!

Angela- thanks! Also, I want to see pictures of you at Blake's wedding with the cast :)

Caitlin Carroll said...

Sex. We tried that one, every hour of every day for weeks (since we weren't in school or working for those few weeks). Nada.

Janssen said...

I will probably read this list and weep myself in a few months.

Unknown said...

He just wants to cook a bit longer! I was one of those girls who I turned over in bed and my water broke with the twins! I didn't want it to, but it did.

I am confused though?? Are you getting a c-sectin this time or trying a v-bac? Are you scheduled for an inducion?

TheMoncurs said...

Cait - I wish that sounded remotely fun.

Janssen - this will be you so soon and you will be whining to me and I'll just be like, "I so feel your pain."

Andrea - trying VBAC. Not scheduled for anything at the moment!

Rita said...

I hope that some of your methods work because I am already anxious for mine to come out and you have me beat by a few weeks and I'm still sleeping.

Isabel said...

Have you tried having sex? I've heard that helps.

(OH MY GOSH, I HATE when people told me that. Especially when it was my mom telling me!)

Good luck, pretty lady!

Mike and Steph said...

Oh Kayla, I hear ya! I played DDR and walked several miles a day. Good luck! I can't wait to hear the good news and see all the pics!

Vivian said...

Kayla, hope your baby comes soon and that you have an easy, easy , easy delivery. Hey thanx for sharing these recipes. I have never tried those japanese dumplings, they sound good. I think that is for today's menu ;-)Thanx and good luck. We can't wait to see pics of baby boy!!!

Unknown said...

I heard that stairs helped to break your water. So I ran up and down the stairs for 30 mins on Sunday night. My water didn't break, but I was in labor within 5 hours...good luck!