
Today I turn 24, which really feels like the perfect age to be.
It's old enough to FINALLY merit a grown up calling at church but young enough to not get looked askance at when you use "like" while making announcements relating to said calling.
Old enough to not make a big deal out of your birthday but young enough to receive birthday wishes through text messages and facebook.
Old enough that people feel you can be entrusted with the life of a small child but young enough that no one actually expects you to know what you're doing with that child.
Old enough to wear high heels on your birthday and young enough to post pictures of those high heels on your blog.
Old enough to no longer need skin clearing moisturizer but young enough to not need wrinkle reducing moisturizer.
Old enough to be comfortable in your own skin and young enough to remember what it was like to not be.
Old enough to give yourself permission to have cake for breakfast and young enough to still WANT to have cake for breakfast.
Old enough to be perfectly capable of making yourself a fantastic birthday dinner but young enough that your mommy makes your dinner instead.
Old enough to wear high waisted pencil skirts and young enough to not look like a grandma in them.
Old enough that people take your life experiences seriously but young enough to know you have a whole lot more to learn.
It's been 15 hours and I am already in love with being 24.
Here's to an awesome year.





14 comments:
Kayla--Happy Birthday!!! Yes, 24 is a wonderful age. It's just perfect in all the ways you described it.
Happy Birthday! I wish you a wonderful year. I turn 26 this year and that feels old; the wrong side of 25. Anyway, the Old Navy near my house doesn't carry maternity. I have to drive all the way to the other side of town! Bleh! I had some luck yesterday at Burlington Coat Factory. Talk about cheap! I found a great pair of maternity jean shorts which was exactly what I needed.
Happy Birthday!
Love this post, your shoes, and being 24. It is a good age.
24 is a great year, I am glad you are literally loving every minute of it!
I loved the thing you said about cake. So true.
Happy Birthday!
What a fun post. You make me laugh.
I shall eagerly anticipate my own two dozen this fall.
Also, I still love those shoes. Sa-woon.
Happy Birthday - I loved 24 too, I'll be turning 27 this fall and it sounds really old!
Tanti auguri a te! (Italian happy birthday) Loved this post. Especially "like" and mother-made dinners. Here's to a wonderful year.
Confession: I (still Janssen's sister-in-law) came back to your blog in curiosity about the book giveaway, but I really liked your post, and I really liked being a mom at 24. So I thought I would just wish you a Happy Birthday even though I totally don't know you. But if I am willing to comment for a giveaway, I guess I know you well enough to make this comment!
Happy Birthday!!
crap. I always forget if it's the 26th or 28th. I guess it's the 26th. Happy birthday!
Congrats on the big 2-4! Crazy to think I didn't really even know Joel when I turned 24.
Happy (late) Birthday Kayla!
I just love reading your blog. I am laughing so hard right now because what you wrote is so right on-- I've been 24 for almost a whole year now!
Happy b-day!
Happy Birthday!
And those shoes are amazing!
Post a Comment