Sunday, April 12, 2009

He is not here: for he is risen*


At this Easter season of hope and renewal we testify of the glorious reality of the atonement and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. The empty tomb brought comforting assurance and provided the answer to the question of Job, “If a man die, shall he live again?” (Job 14:14).

Because of the Savior’s resurrection we will overcome death and become the beneficiaries of His mercy and grace. In a world of trouble and uncertainty, His peace fills our hearts and eases our minds. Jesus is in very deed “the way, the truth, and the life” (John 14:6).

We give our sure witness that Jesus is the Christ. Though He was crucified, He rose triumphant from the tomb to our everlasting blessing and benefit. To each member of the human family He stands as our Advocate, our Savior, and our Friend.

-The First Presidency's Easter Message. Emphasis added.



We got some news on Friday that has been worrying and weighing on me. But today as I walked the church halls with Wes I felt His peace and was reminded of the beauty of Easter and the glory of His life and resurrection and all that means for me and my family.


All is well.



*Matthew 28:6

9 comments:

Becky said...

Great pic! I hope everything is okay for you guys. :(
We'll bring those toys by tomorrow morning...happy Easter!

M said...

You look amazing in this picture! Do you have a swing set in your backyard? Hope everything is okay. :)

TheMoncurs said...

It'll all be fine, I'm sure!

The swing set is part of a whole play structure in my parents' backyard. Unfortunately, they are only house sitting and the family that owns it is coming back in a couple weeks. We hardly even got to use it! It's more of a "big kid" play structure..Wes really only got to play with part of it since he couldn't climb up to the rest.

Kristi said...

You guys are a family of supermodels. What a great picture!

I am sorry to hear that something stressful is going on, I hope it all works out.

Thanks for the great Easter message!

Janssen said...

What a lovely post. You do spiritual as well as you do snarky.

Also, your hair is to die for.

Nikki said...

So lately I've thought Wes has stopped looking quite so much like Jared did....until this picture. Hello, little Jared!

Unknown said...

LOve the new family picture!

angela hardison said...

Your hair is so long! And you look beautiful.

Lauren said...

You look like Martina McBride in this picture. Hot!