Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Snippets

Subtitled: AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH and Kristi is an Enchilada



Let me start by saying: THERE IS A GECKO IN MY HOUSE.

Last night I went to the garbage cans in the back yard to throw away some really lovely smelling diapers. On my way out the door this moth tried to get in and so when got back in the house I said to Aaron, "Did that moth get in when I opened the door?" and he replied, "uhhh...not a moth...." which is when I screamed and high-tailed it across the room yelling, "WHATGOTINWHATGOTINWHATGOTIN????" And he eventually admitted that it was a gecko.

And then I saw the gecko. And it was huge. And it was hanging out near my bookcase. And Aaron refused to capture it despite my incessant whining. But then it stayed near the bookcase and didn't move and I was like, "ok, as long as it doesn't go anywhere.." but then of course it did and I have no idea where it went and basically as I lay in bed last night I just came up with all the different ways the gecko could attack me:

  • It could hide in my shoes and attack my feet when I put them in
  • It could hang around on any ceiling in my house and drop down into my shirt
  • It could hang out on a book and wait until I pull that book out and attack my hand
  • It could go into my shower and attack me when I don't have my clothes on to protect me
  • It could hang out on Wes and attack me when I go in for a hug
  • It could lie in wait anywhere in the pantry. I spend a lot of time in there and there are ample opportunities for attack
  • It could hide on top of the fan and wait until I turn it on and then fly off the fan and into my hair
So you can see why I'm wandering around my house in a constant state of heightened paranoia. I'm tip-toeing into rooms and doing visual sweeps of walls and ceilings before proceeding past the doorway. Except it could just hang out in the doorway and wait for me to look for him and then attack...

Ok, I need to stop talking about this.

________________________________________


So you know how over on my sidebar I link to various blogs? Apparently, my link to my friend Kristi was actually a link to an enchilada recipe. Which is pretty much the funniest thing ever and I have no idea how that happened. I was tempted to just leave it for people to discover on their own and be like, "....she's an enchilada?" but I fixed it and now it really does take you to her blog.

(and the enchiladas are here, since I know you're wondering)

7 comments:

Becca said...

Too funny. Both of those stories.

Janssen said...

But Kristi so desperately WANTS to be an enchilada.

Kristi said...

It's true, especially such a tasty looking one!

angela hardison said...

Haha. Thank you for always making me laugh.

I love all your stories about creatures. I could tell you a disgusting story about a lizard (and trying to sweep it out the door screaming and hearing it thud against the door frame over and over instead), but I won't.

Jeanelle said...

This might be my first time commenting, I'm not sure. But, hi. My sister lives in Hawaii and geckos in the house are normal there. When I visited, it freaked me out to be sitting in the living room and hear them calling to each other from the kitchen (a weird squeaky noise.) She would always tell me they are good luck and plus they eat the cockroaches. Um, I didn't really feel that much better after hearing that...

Mike and Steph said...

Oh my crap, you make me laugh! I love geckos. Perhaps if I found myself in your situation I would catch the poor creature and keep him for a pet. Ask Leo, the Salamander of 2005- captured at the in-laws and kept for several years. Good times!

mominaz said...

Geckos won't attack you, dear. He's more afraid of you than you are of him. (That's what my mom used to say.)