Monday, March 30, 2009

Lack of Blogsperation

It's been a little quiet around these parts lately. Mostly because, despite my best efforts, I lack blogsperation and have nothing to write about. Nothing!

The other night I went to a game night with a bunch of the girls from my ward and the conversation turned, as it often does when large groups of moms get together, to poop. And at some point I said something to the effect of, "the fact that Wes is constipated rules my life right now."

Sad but so very true. Wes can't poop and that's pretty much all there is in my life. I've read a few books the past couple weeks. Watched a movie or two. But mostly I've been trying to get Wes to drink prune juice and eat applesauce and not make the poop face in awkward places like right in front of Jared's track team or in the grocery store checkout line when 3 people are fawning over his preciousness.

Also, fact: I would have NEVER said poop out loud or written it on my blog before I had a kid. Seriously. It was far too embarrassing. Now, look at me! Poop. Poop poop poop.

Motherhood changes you. And not always for the better.

A little distraction from my child's digestive ailments would be welcome. Leave me a little inspiration love in the comments because, seriously. He's been constipated for weeks and I'm dying here.

6 comments:

Kristi said...

I hear you! I lack blogsperation too. It's like my life is too serious (aka boring) to write an interesting post these days.

About constipation...Gwen was constipated always until she got potty trained. I am talking, red faced, screaming, pushing for hours on end constipated. I SO feel for you and hope that it will get better sometime soon. Prunes! They're disgusting, but they do work. Seriously though, I don't think she has been constipated since she got potty trained, so weird.

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Sorry about the constipation, it's no fun for kids! Just a little thought about applesauce though. It can actually have the reverse effect and cause constipation, unlike apple juice. In the ER we tell parents to stay away from applesauce for constipation with children. I'm sure you already knew this, but just in case!

Caitlin Carroll said...

I feel Wes's pain. Apparently Zofran makes you constipated to no end. I've never, ever been constipated in my entire life. It's been... interesting.

I'm lacking on my blog as well. I just can't think of anything to write about, nor do I really have the time.

Unknown said...

He might like apple juice better than prune juice. Cut it half and half with water. It doesn't work as fast as prune juice, but if he likes it, he'll drink more and then it will work better. Good luck with that.

Kristi said...

Oh yeah and with Gwen my pediatrician said to stick to P foods to get them to poop, like peaches and pears as well as plums.

Becca said...

I was never comfortable with the word poop until I married Kyle. Not had a baby--just married Kyle. Right now he's reading The Chronicles of Narnia for the first time, and in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader they say poop a LOT (it takes places on a ship) and Kyle thinks it's the funniest thing. He has to read every poop sentence to me. I'm getting used to it.