Saturday, March 21, 2009

Les Mis

I saw Les Miserables for the first time when I was 6. Most of it was over my head and I was very concerned about the "schoolboys" at the barricade, but I loved every minute of it. I think I've seen it 4 or 5 times since then and I always fall in love all over again.

Tonight my mom and I ushered for a performance of Les Mis at the Phoenix Theatre and it was AWESOME.

Partly because ushering is the easiest job ever and you get to see the play for free, but mostly because the current production is seriously incredible. It has been extended TWICE because it keeps selling out. And it's selling out because it's AWESOME.

Did I mention that it's AWESOME? Because it's awesome.

The play is now running through April 5th and if you're local then GO. It's a small theater so every seat is a good seat. Ushering gets you awesome seats and free admission, so if you can snag that gig then do it (um but I have no idea how since my mom got in through her various and sundry connections so I'm kind of useless there).

Ticket and other pertinent info here.

4 comments:

Lonica said...

I love Les Mis. It's my favorite play I've seen. Amazingly enough, I've seen it twice--once on the very last row of the auditorium, and once on the very first row. No middle ground for me.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm currently 17 weeks along. We are going to find out the gender. I scheduled the ultrasound this week for April 14. Exciting day!

Cricket said...

I took my mom to this performance last weekend, it was amazing. I was SO IMPRESSED. I too, have seen it several times and was cautiously optimistic about this local production, I was not dissapointed in the least, they really did great

Anonymous said...

I'm starting small. I have 3 small pots with herbs and 2 big pots; 1 with tomatos and 1 with peppers. I think they are all destined for death but we will see!

angela hardison said...

My sisters and parents went. I was jealous.

Ushering sounds nice...