Monday, September 22, 2008

Home Again, Home Again

We got back from the Bahamas on Sunday evening after a long day of traveling. And by long, I mean I think I might not travel with Wes ever again thanks to the explosively dirty diaper he had on the first leg of our trip home and the hour and a half scream fest he had on the 3rd leg. I believe he has officially outgrown being an easy traveler.

Also, on the way to the Bahamas we had a layover in Houston. We were on the very first flight Continental made there after Ike blew through (here's where I would complain about how we would have made it to our tropical paradise 2 days earlier if not for the hurricane but then I remember that there are still some people without power who may or may not have trees fallen into their living room so I shut my trap). When we arrived at our condo at Atlantis I whined about how I tried to make Wes a bottle in the Houston bathroom but the water came out of the tap BROWN and ew isn't that just so nasty? And then my little brother was like, "Uh..you mean the same Houston where they just had a hurricane which probably screwed with the water supply?" And I said something like, "Shut up, you!" but thought something like, "holy shiz, did he get smarter than me??"

I'm waiting on some pictures from various other cameras, including one of my new hammerhead shark friend (we totally bonded), but I'll post some of the pictures I have so Janssen can weep bitterly that she decided to go to school like a responsible adult instead of ditching and running off to play in paradise with me. Silly Janssen.

Aaron took this panoramic shot on our last night when we did family pics on the beach.

We lived in our swimsuits. Wes was naked a lot. We were all happy.

Again with the nakedness. And the mohawk. And the feet. And the preciousness.

Wes sort of watched the sharks in the predator lagoon.

Taken on the day we went into town.

HDR shot by Aaron.

Wes and Grandpa are best buds. This is because Grandpa is way more fun than mommy will ever be.

Wes and me playing on the beach.

And a bunch more HDR shots from Aaron:

We stayed in the Harborside condos on the left. They're still part of the Atlantis resort (which is on the other side of the marina on the right), but they come with kitchens. Which is nice because 3 burgers, fries, and a couple sodas can cost you $50. I wish I was kidding. We packed mac and cheese in our carry-ons.




It was a really lovely trip and I have a bunch more photos to share later for my true friends out there who stick with me even through interminable vacation pictures. I should have brought gifts back for all of you, but unfortunately the only gift I got was for the true friend who drove us to the airport at 3am last week. And I stretched my budget for her because seriously. THREE IN THE MORNING.

I need a nap just remembering that.

6 comments:

angela hardison said...

Wowzers (did I just type that?) - those last few pictures are amazing. Like, amazing as in I think maybe heaven looks like that.

Heather said...

What incredible scenery! No worries on regaling us with vacation posts - that's how we all get to be armchair travelers. And I do it all the time. Well, I used to. When I used to travel all the time. Now I just post fifteen times about the one trip I've taken in the past two years.

Lonica said...

I'll look at all the travel pictures you want me too. Those are awesome. I'm glad you had a good trip (minus the dirty diaper, screaming fest, 3 am airport trips, and dirty Houston water). P.S. I was as the Houston airport last week and the water is now coming clean from the tap. No worries.

Becky said...

amazing pics!! I love the one of wes in the air!!

Janssen said...

Wait, no gift for me? . . . ? I have no words. I mean, you could have at least gotten me a $50 burger.

Anonymous said...

looks like you had a great time... jealous!

by the way... the popular nursery rhyme goes "first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby in the baby carriage" one thing at a time, yes?