Today, a lot of things converged and we reached a new low. Our house is absolutely the messiest it has ever been and all I could do was whimper while wandering around the house with my camera while repeating in my head, "At least I can blog about it. At least I can blog about it. At least I can blog about it."
Behold, the carnage:
What it is right now: storage for boxes of stuff from my parents house (they just moved and made me take all my crap) and also storage for things that need to go into as-yet unfinished rooms (that mirror is going to look awesome in the living room someday)
What it is right now: Just a random room full of crap with no where to sit since we moved the couch to see how it would look elsewhere. Also, with a really really dirty floor.
What it is right now: Kayla's Project Central. Also, apparently, a Pillow Graveyard (scary!)
What it is now: The other half of Kayla's Project Central and the location where I am keeping snacks and other small items that need to go to the Bahamas(!) with us in 2 weeks. Also, I just snapped what I saw. Someone (hint: not me) opened the cupboard and left it like that. Someone does that a lot.
What it is right now: Furniture and photography equipment dumping ground
What it is right now: The place where we like to keep our couches. We got the black one tonight off Craigslist and were so excited about setting it up that we just moved the old furniture around to accommodate it. And then we realized that the black couch is a weird size for the room so we dragged the brown one in from the other room to see if it would work in there (not even remotely close) and now we have a room full of couches. Just what every girl dreams of. (PLEASE SOMEONE BUY OUR FURNITURE. Wicker stuff: $400. Brown couch: $200)
What it is right now: The battlefield where I was finally defeated by the sheer volume of laundry.
Hold me.





4 comments:
I'm glad I'm not the only one living in chaos. I should be cleaning right now! No, I should be sleeping right now. I need to have energy to clean my mess tomorrow. It's that bad. Ehhheh
I totally bloglifted it from you. Dang you caught me. ;)
"Pillow Graveyard."
Hahahaha (one too many ha's?)! This made me laugh. Not out loud, since I try to quell my laughter in the middle of the business computer lab, but that's beside the point.
Janssen sometimes gets truly upset if the house is a mess, even if the mess is something that can be cleaned in less than five minutes. Maybe it's like gaining more weight than you're comfortable with. Sure, it only takes a bit of self control and exercise to reduce it back down to a comfortable level, but you feel affronted by yourself for letting it get that far!
Or maybe it's not like that. I dunno'.
I think it must be like that, Bart, because I seem to have a problem with both.
Post a Comment