.....
Ok, ready? Onward!
This building housed a bunch of fun water slides.
After the rays got fed one of them kept coming up and doing back flips. I think he was trying to figure out if Wes was edible.
We want this yacht.
Photographer Aaron at the Queen's staircase

Family Christmas card picture! Note Wes trying to get his foot into the sand. Turns out he loves sand and dirt and it's possible that some ingested sand led to this little incident.
Nikki was too nervous that I might actually do it to get close enough to the edge to make this photo look convincing.
I am so in love with this picture. Wes and Grandpa Steve are best buds.
This is the straw market in Nassau. It was a little overwhelming.
Aaron took this from the plane window as we flew in to Nassau.
I'm so glad Wes wasn't mobile for this trip. I would have spent the entire time fishing him out of bodies of water.
I went down this slide (that's not me though). The tube goes through a shark tank.
One of the sharks in the aforementioned tank.
Wes and grandma playing in the water.
Me, dad, Jared and Mom at The Dig.
Here fishy fishy fishy
Grouper, anyone? We put me in there for size comparison but it didn't quite work. That fish is a lot bigger than it looks.
Looking over the ruins lagoon
Wes modeling his US Airways hat (thanks Grandma!).
I wasn't kidding when I said he was naked most of the time.
More naked. And Grandpa.
From our day in town.
Wes and Grandma in Nassau
Jared gets a little bored of all the photography.
Parking lot attendants who let Aaron take their picture.
Our un-asked for guide at the Queen's Staircase. He rambled off the entire history of the Bahamas in like 5 minutes.
Jared at the Queen's Staircase
Seesters
Wes was annoyed because we were all ignoring him so we could take pictures of the sunset
Peterson women
More Grandpa and Wes (my dad is pretty much the reason this trip was a real break for me)
Nikki and Sam
I'm not as fun as Grandpa, but I do in a pinch.
Family photo!
Watching the sunset
Also watching the sunset
Wes hanging out at the entrance of the uber swanky Cove
I want to live there
Wes rocking a sunscreen faux hawk.
Trying to mooch some of Grandma's diet CokeThere are a handful more somewhere that haven't made it into any of the online albums, but I think you get the idea. And if you're really a glutton for punishment and want to see MORE (yes, there are MORE. We had like 4 cameras with us and twitchy shutter fingers), you can head to Aaron, my dad, or Sam's online albums.





10 comments:
I hate fish. I hate sharks. I hate rays. I hate them all.
Your pictures terrified me.
How can you hate them?? They're so awesome!!
I love fish/sharks/rays! I dragged Tim to the dinky little Aquarium on our honeymoon. This is way better though... I want to go to the Bahamas. I want a baby as cute as Wes. And I think your family rocks, even if I've never met them. Thanks for the photo documentation!
this was a ridiculous blog post. ridiculous. great pictures though.
ps, i went to church today
That was a lot of sharks...no thank you...for me. What a beautiful vacation spot!
A slide through a shark tank? That is TOO AWESOME.
(Also, I must be one of those creatures with no survival instincts at all).
Kayla, I am so sorry I have not called you back yet, months later! Things have been crazy hectic! I finally updated the blog, and I will try to call you! We'll be back in December though! Oh and the Bahama pictures are great! Wes is HUGE!
so fun...I've seen the commercials for that place. I want to come next time. Those slides look so fun...that's where I'd be ALL day!
Yes, and the mosquitoes are driving me nuts. Poor Wes. I hear you can complain and the county will come out and spray. I need to do that.
Cool pictures! cool place! and really cool family!! you girls are all so beautiful...and Wes is just a cutie.
By the way, are you guys going to the fam reunion in Colorado next summer??? dis you get that letter?
These photos make me want to move to Phoenix so you can take photos of our kids when we have them.
(If we were staying here, Ralphie could do the honors. But we're not, so she can't.)
Have you ever thought of moving to Chicago, Boston, NYC, DC, Charlotte, Denver, or Portland? Just a thought.
Post a Comment