It kind of feels like we all of a sudden figured it out this week. My life once again has order and meaning. I get things accomplished. I sleep normal hours.
At 8pm we plunk Wes in the bath (thanks to the Hassells for taking pity and letting us use their baby tub :). Then he gets a lotion massage (lucky dog) before we strap him into his apnea monitor (almost done with that stupid thing!). Then pajamas, a story (Dr. Seuss) and a bottle, and bed right about 9.
And, miraculously, he goes right to sleep. No yelling. No crying. He smiles at me, turns his head, and conks out before I even get the light off.
By 10 all three of us are snug and sleeping in our beds.
Wes wakes up once sometime during the night. Aaron takes care of it and I only sometimes vaguely register that Aaron is gone.
I wake up when Wes wakes up at 6 or 7 and that's when I get up for the day. I know, were you even aware that getting up that early was an option?
Can I just tell you how amazing it is to get my 8 hours sometime between 10p and 7a instead of 10p and..10p? Instead of napping on and off all day I sleep during the night and have productive days. I didn't even realize how much I was missing.
Things I have accomplished this week:
Grocery shopping
A trip to the farmer's market
Washed my car (it's had a huge mud splash across the driver's side since February)
Put air in my tires (I had 4 near-flats. Safe!)
Took my car to a local shop to get a nail pulled out of the driver side rear tire
Cleaned my house
Did 7 loads of laundry (how do 3 people accumulate that much laundry?)
Went on walks every morning
Made dinner every night
Went to a play group
Got Golden Spoon with Aaron and introduced Wes to melty chocolate frozen yogurt (he hated it(he must not be my child))
Went to the dentist
All this plus plenty of play time with Wes. And enough me time to read a book. AND shower every day.
I kind of feel like a human being again.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Here is a good plan - I'll send my kid to you to raise until they hit the five month mark and are sleeping through the night.
Then you can give it back.
Yes?
You had to put him back on his apnea monitor? I thought you got rid of it.
Janssen- I'd say yes but then I'd be depriving you of all the wondrous opportunities for personal growth that take place while you care for a newborn. *snicker*
Nikki- I know! I had Aaron talk to the doctor and everything because I knew I'd give in. But then he gave in. So we're back on the monitor. I think we only have a few more days though.
woo hoo! Sometimes all of the sudden it just works. I'm at the stage where 8 hours isn't enough!
Welcome back to the real world...if there really is a "real" world. Don't you just love productivity? It's the best!
That's awesome. I hardly ever get to shower EVERY day anymore. If I dont' do it before Kate wakes up in the morning...I'm toast!
Post a Comment