Gavin's yard sale was a huge success! You can read all about it here on Bethany's blog. They made over $5,000, which is totally awesome! But still not enough. There are several more fundraisers in the works (see the list for May on Gavin's blog here) and it got me thinking about what I could add to the mix to help them cover their expenses.
So I'm putting out some feelers to see if anyone would be willing to contribute to an Etsy shop for Gavin. I've got a few things I can do, but I'd like to set up a really great shop that would drive a lot of business and really be worth the visit and my limited repertoire isn't enough.
So here's my idea: I've already got a shop that I can make over into a Gift for Gavin store. The beauty of this is that anyone from anywhere can contribute items or shop there. So if there's someone in New York who makes gorgeous hair bows and wants to donate a couple then the option is there. All profits will go to Gavin and you'll get reimbursed for your expenses if you'd like. So if those hair bows cost $3 apiece to make and we sell them for $8, you get your $3 back and $5 goes to Gavin.
And if you don't have anything you can make, maybe you can buy a hair bow for your daughter and give your support that way.
And if you can't buy or contribute, maybe you could blog about the shop once it's up and running and help us get the word out. If and when we get a few more items in the shop I'll put together a nice little graphic you can just copy and paste into a blog post. Quick and easy way to spread the word!
So that's my plan, but it will only work if I can get some crafty people to contribute. If you're interested, please email me at KaylaMoncur(at)gmail(dot)com. The more the merrier and I'd love to have a wide variety of stuff to offer!
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Unfortunately I am somewhat craft challenged, but I would love to buy something from the shop and write a blog entry about it!
Hey I just emailed you -- you could sell some of our letterpress cards? (We don't even have our own shop up yet, but I can print some stuff to give you for you to sell if you're still doing this)
I'd be willing to make a few ditty's!:) Good idea!
Post a Comment