Clearly, bed rest, an emergency c-section and a preemie baby were not enough.
I got discharged from the hospital yesterday. I'm staying in my room there until Wes can come home with me (fantastic perk I had never even heard of before), but after they let me go yesterday I needed OUT. Aaron and I went and had some dinner at my parents house before deciding that we both might as well sleep at home. The plan was that my mom would come over bright and early and shuttle me back to the hospital after Aaron left for work.
Since I've been in the hospital I've gotten up easily at 5 or 6 each morning so I could go chat with the night staff about how Wes did during the night before they leave at 7. It hasn't even been a conscious decision, that's just when I wake up. So I figured I'd be up long before my mom ever got to our house, ready and rarin to get back to my baby.
The doorbell scared me out of a really deep sleep. I thought I had been sleeping pretty well at the hospital, but it was nothing compared to the coma my own bed put me into.
I got up pretty quickly to answer the door, feeling pretty guilty about sleeping so late and leaving Wes alone at the hospital all night. I apologized to my mom, I said I must have been sleeping really deeply, just give me a second to get ready and we can go.
I turned to walk back into my room and said, "Wow, I feel really dizzy."
Next thing I remember clearly is laying in my bed with the paramedics hovering over me.
My poor family is probably a little tired of frantic phone calls about my health. My dad even saw the ambulance going toward my house as he headed in to work and had the thought that he hoped that it wasn't for me.
The paramedics checked me out and said it was probably a combination of standing up too fast and my pain medication. The stress of the past couple weeks probably didn't help much either.
I hit my head pretty good on the way down, but otherwise I'm fine. Kind of horrified, but fine.
Now let's all just hope that that is the LAST THING. Because I'm really tired of the hospital and doctors and having things wrong with me. I think I need a vacation.
Wednesday, January 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Before you know it all of this will just be a distant memory that you can laugh about. Thank goodness you're okay! One of the hardest parts of being a mom is not feeling guilty to take care of yourself. You obviously needed that sleep and Wes will not remember you sleeping in. Take it easy...you deserve a break! -Bethany
OH MY GOODNESS! You didn't tell me that. WHAT!! I saw a fire truck by your house at 9am, was that for you?? I hope you were dressed at least...
I am so glad you weren't alone!!!
I think our neighborhood has been full of medical mishaps lately, is there something in the air!!!!???
Oh my word, what are we going to do with you? I agree with what Bethany said, it is so VERY important to take care of yourself. If you aren't taken care of then who can take care of WES?:) Someone once told me that you know how you are suppose to put YOUR oxygen mask (in the event of a crash on an airplane) THEN secure the mask of the child next to you. It's the same with mothering...you've GOT to take care of yourself SO that you can take care of them! Rest up and BE CAREFUL for heavens sakes!:P
Sorry for the drama...I was going to say that you are definitely having some baby-mama-drama...but, writing out that funny probably isn't having the same effect as I would have hoped.
;)
Congrats again!
Yup, Becky, that fire truck was for me. I should have had my mom take a picture! Darn, didn't even think about it.
And, everyone, no worries, I am taking excellent care of myself. I am eating well, drinking tons of water, and enjoying the baby-free sleep while I can. It was just a fluke thing!
Having a baby can really take it out of you. And at least you were dressed. I started hemorrhaging 5 days after baby #2. In the shower. Naked. Had to call 911 and throw on some clothes. Luckily baby #1 (age 2) was at her cousin's house, and baby #2 slept through the whole thing. Was a perfect angel during my whole emergency D&C (according to his daddy). You have to wonder who thought up this whole procreation process. :)
Post a Comment