1. Buy extra food here and there in an effort to be prepared. Accumulate a full pantry worth of food in this manner.
2. Let it pile up on the shelves with no organization whatsoever. Be proud that, when the world ends, you will have lots of pasta to eat.
3. Discover weevils in some of your pasta
4. Be totally disgusted
5. Realize that your pantry is actually the weevil equivalent of China. Realize that none of them have followed the "2 children only" rule.
6. Panic
7. Go through and throw out 3+ garbage bags of infested food.
8. Have your husband bleach your shelves because at this point you don't even want to LOOK at the pantry ever again.
9. Organize what little remains of your food on your newly clean shelves.
10. Rejoice in the orderliness of your nearly empty pantry.
11. Realize that absolutely nothing from the cannery was lost in the Weevil Wars. Be determined to order more from the cannery, even though you have no idea what to do with red wheat.
The End.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





10 comments:
I'm rolling laughing, hahaha, #5...that was good. Nice job!! ;)
I just read it outloud to Andre...he laughed, too.
The "2 children rule" got me rollin'! Did this really happen to you? And can someone tell me what the heck is red wheat!? Dude, I don't even know what to do with regular wheat...don't be throwin' all kinds of variations out there!
UGH! what a pain!
OH YES that happened to me last week. I almost died when I opened a box of pasta and realized it was CRAWLING *shudder*. And now every time I eat something from our pantry I can't help but kind of dig through it making sure there aren't any bugs. Drive me crazy.
Melody, I don't know what to do with the wheat either. I found that can of red wheat and was like, "Oh crap. Maybe I'll be able to trade it for chocolate."
Loved it, hilarious.
They have CHOCOLATE? The more I read from this post and its comments, the more I realize that I know less and less about food storage!
Okay, one time I was at my friends house (9th grade) and I was starving after cheer practice! I poured myself a bowl of cereal and poured the milk...and proceeded to start eating it. My friend walked by, looked at what I was eating and screamed "SICK!!!" I was like "What?" She informed me that I was eating cereal infested with weevils (they were dead and I thought it was part of the cereal)!!!!!!!!!!! Can you still be my friend?
Melody...when my mom and aunt were little girls, they used to eat oatmeal straight out of the carton as a snack. So one day, they were sitting outside with the oatmeal container, munching away, and yep, you guessed it...realized later it was full of weevils. :X
Melody and Bethany, that is sooo incredibly disgusting.
We can still be friends though. Considering the time frame it must have taken for our weevil population to reach such epic proportions, I'm fairly certain we've eaten our share of weevils over the past few weeks. Especially because we eat pasta a lot and we threw out almost all of our pasta. Lovely. I try not to think about it.
What an awesome entry. This is my worst fear.
Post a Comment