Thursday, September 06, 2007

What We Do on Holiday Weekends

We bust out the camera. Some of these are from July 4th and some are from this last weekend.

Aaron is becoming quite adept at the Jump Off the Diving Board and Look Ridiculous poses that we require on holidays.

If this kid pops out slightly dizzy and disoriented, you'll know why. We have about 30 pictures of me flipping and they all look exactly the same. It may be boring, but at least I'm consistent. Plus flipping didn't require me to land on my belly (see: Dad's poses below), which is a little on the dangerous side when 19 weeks prego.

We have these wasp-y type things all over our backyard. Apparently they set up shop in the vacant house next door. Dad recently discovered that belly flopping on them kills em right dead.


Also, dad is pretty much the master at the diving board posing. He gets some serious height and then we have:


Skydiving Steve.

Swan Steve.

Superhero Steve (I think the file got reduced for the web, but zoom in if you can. It's classic).

Sleeping Steve.

This last weekend we had the great pleasure of hanging out with the Hassells, who made the long and arduous journey from Surprise to spend the afternoon with us. Alex tried to get in on the diving board fun with mixed results:

Splits?

This is my favorite. I'm not really sure what happened, but I think it involved tripping off the diving board. I love how it looks like he maybe he was walking on water and then started to trip.

And these are my feet. Want to know how you can tell this was taken in July and not on Labor Day? Because on Labor Day my toenails were blue due to the fact that I stepped backward into the paint tray and didn't act quickly enough to get the paint off.

6 comments:

Becky said...

I am amazed at how well your camera caught those poses & YOU doing flips!!!

Melody B. said...

Again...you make me laugh with the way you write! Love the pics! I like Steve's various shots.

Sam said...

hahaha that makes me miss dad. Don't his sunglasses fall off when he lands?

TheMoncurs said...

Every time. Sometimes he catches them and sometimes he has to dive, but clearly he cannot pose without them. That's just not the way it works.

Brooke said...

Those pictures are hilarious... we are excited to be part of the blogging world :)

{ Bethany } said...

Your Dad is pretty much awesome! Ok, Aaron is, too. :P (ok, and the other random guys doing jumps that I dont know)