Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Bridal Shower

Nikki's bridal shower was this last Friday night and I thought it turned out pretty well. Unfortunately, I wasn't nearly as prepared as I hoped I would be. Going to Costa Rica kind of threw my timing off and I just kept thinking I had a lot more time than I actually did. Fortunately, I was able to leave work a little early on Friday and Shawna (who turned out to be my saving grace) came over and helped me finish everything. I don't even want to talk about the snags I hit with this thing, so let's just go straight to pictures and say Nikki enjoyed it, which is all that really matters.


My favors/decorations.

The bride and her beautiful new red and white skirt


Nikki requested brownies and crepes. Brownies are easy, but crepes would have required me to spend the shower in the kitchen with my crepe maker. So I did three-layer chocolate cake w/ blackout filling, cream-cheese chocolate-chip ball, and cream puffs and eclairs instead.

A lot of people didn't quite catch on that the poster was of Nikki and Sam until someone mentioned that it was a cute picture of them. These people included his mom, aunt, and grandmother.

In the living room I had pictures of Nikki as a little girl and in the family room I had pictures of Nikki and Sam together (you can see them over the fire place a few pictures up).

No comments: