Tonight is my Chicks & Chocolate party that I have been very much looking forward to for 2 weeks now. As per my beautiful invitation, I am providing the pink smoothies. I am by no means a great creator of smoothies, but I have fresh fruit, some low fat yogurt, a blender, and some ice. How hard could it be? All of the healthy eating websites I frequent glorify smoothies as pretty much the simplest and tastiest way to get your daily recommended does of fruits and veggies. Heck, Aaron makes one every morning with his magic bullet and they always turn out fine.
So, when I got home from work today I started blending my smoothies. Since I'm expecting between 4 and 6 other girls, I'm mixing up a rather considerable batch of smoothie. I decided to do it in parts. I blended up some fresh, ripe peaches first. Then some strawberries. I threw some carrots in with the strawberries for good measure. Who doesn't need more beta carotene in their diet?
Then I mixed them both in a large bowl (they didn't fit together in my blender) and added some yogurt. Voila! Smoothie mix. Just add ice for instant party. I decided to give my mix a trial run. I threw some mix back in the blender with some ice and took a taste.
It tastes terrible! Notice how there were ZERO bananas mentioned in my ingredients paragraph. That's because I detest bananas. If I were stuck on a deserted island with nothing to eat except bananas, I would choose death. My dislike of bananas runs deep. Inexplicably, my banana-less smoothie tastes EXACTLY like banana. I'm at a loss. Right now I have a bowl with approximately a gallon worth of no-banana banana smoothie that I hate and a budget that probably won't allow for a trip to the store for more fruit.
I really have no idea where I went wrong. I apologize ahead of time to my guests for the abomination of a smoothie I'm probably going to have to serve them tonight.
Friday, September 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment