My life has been full of deception and lies, and today I uncovered some of the truth. I fear for any other little discoveries I might make this weekend.
Edamame is always praised at a kind of miracle food, you get tons of bang for your caloric buck and they're GOOD. Aaron and I eat a fair amount of edamame. Today I decided to check the nutritional information on our box in the freezer. 99 calories per serving, not bad at all! Then I looked at the number of servings. Twelve per container. TWELVE! That means a single serving is roughly equivalent to 4 pods and when I sit down and eat the entire container, I'm eating almost 1200 calories! That's almost my entire daily caloric allotment!! I'm thisclose to swearing off edamame for such evil deception.
And then, this morning, I went out in my backyard to water my wonderful snail vine and discovered, much to my delight, that it had put forth its first bloom! However, at second glance, I discovered that the bloom looks NOTHING like a snail and, actually, looks nothing like any of the pictures of snail vine flowers I have seen. That's when I realized. IT'S NOT A SNAIL VINE. I'm heartbroken. It has boring white flowers with pink centers that look like normal boring flowers. When I bought it, it was surrounded by snail vines with snaily flowers, it just happened to not have any flowers. I picked it cause it had the most arms. Now I have NO IDEA what I have planted in my backyard. I was kind of wondering why it was being such a water hog and not growing very fast since snail vines are supposed to require fairly little water and then take over whatever you have planted them near. Viney, I don't even know you anymore.
Anyone else have anything they'd like to tell me??
Friday, September 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
The Edamame... I had the same reaction when I peeked at the side of our box too. It's really disheartening. But I just got this from Calorieking.com:
Edamame, cooked w. salt
Nutrition Facts
1 cup (6.3 oz) oz g
Calories 254
and at edamame.com, it says 100 grams edamame (of edible portion) is 125 calories. That's just shy of 1/2 cup, that's a lot of beans!
Whew, ok. Good to know!! I can go back to happily eating edamame.
Post a Comment