Sunday, September 17, 2006

Free at Last!

Today I finally got released from my calling as a Primary teacher.

Which means, of course, that class today was awesome and nowhere near the hell it has been. We started off the class by playing hangman so they could figure out what our lesson was on ("Always tell the truth") and I just decided after the first kid picked T that I should give them points for guessing correct letters. And then, since I was already started, I might as well give them points for giving answers.

The points system was amazing! Everytime they participated or were particularly quiet and respectful, I gave them a point. And they were falling out of their seats to answer my questions cause it meant they'd get a point. I walked out of class hitting myself because I hadn't tried something like that earlier. Of course seven year old boys want to compete with points! Duh, stupid Kayla. I'm not sure why it took me 7.5 months to come up with that.

At first, I walked out of class and was a little sad that I was leaving since today had been so good. But then I remembered the days when it sucked so bad and decided to just write it off as God giving me at least ONE really good class with the boys and letting me end on a high note.

My new calling is the Relief Society Assistant Secretary. Those who know and love the show The Office will appreciate the following. We were waiting for sacrament meeting to start and Aaron turned and said, "So! Assistant to the Reli-" I cut him off. "Assistant Relief Society Secretary." "Ok Dwight."

Which reminds me, the season premiere of The Office is just a few days away!! Hooray! Too bad we have to wait 3 more months for 24.

1 comment:

photogenic said...

How strange! The small world that is Provo/BYU/Moromons in general is almost uncanny. Did you hear he's getting married?