Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day!

3 day weekends are pretty much the best thing ever. Not only is the weekend longer, but the work week is shorter, which means the next weekend comes more quickly. 3 day weekends are heaven sent.

We've had a really good weekend this far. Friday night was my Chicks & Chocolate party. I ended up throwing out the nasty smoothie and getting more strawberries and some smoothie mix from the store. They were excellent. Unfortunately, only 2 girls were able to make it (which made me feel a bit lame), but we ended up having a great time together. I'd call the party a success, despite the small numbers. Aaron went and hung out with my parents and my brother, which sounds kind of lame, but really isn't. My parents are awesome and he had fun.

Saturday we got to spend some quality time together on our walk and then while gardening. It has very violently come to my attention since then that sunscreen is a requirement while gardening. If this burn doesn't earn me some skin cancer, I don't know what will. Saturday night we went to my parents' house and watched Poseidon. There was some intense peril. We enjoyed it, but I really thought more people would die. It was kind of refreshing to only have a few of the main characters picked off. I'll be honest though, the best part of going to my parents house right now is their current kitten. She is the smallest one we've seen in a while. Jared's friend, Reed, found her in someone's yard and brought her to my mom (I have to laugh because she's totally the neighborhood cat lady). I really can't handle the preciousness of this kitten, I just want to squeeze her and take her home. Completely stretched out, tail and all, she goes from my wrist to my elbow. That's teeny. Aaron's pretty sure he could fit her in his mouth (but I haven't let him try).

Sunday was Sunday. There was church. There was primary. There was napping. Fun times had by all. Still waiting on the bishopric to make a decision about what to do with me.

But now it's Monday and I didn't roll out of bed until 9:30. Usually I've been at work for an HOUR by that point. It's a beautiful thing. And we're going to be totally lazy all day and it's going to be amazing.

No comments: