I was in the car this morning listening to the radio when the song "She Don't Know She's Beautiful" by Sammy Kershaw came on. This really took me back to Provo, circa 2005 (I know, real long ago) and reminded me of some incidents that weren't funny at the time, but in restrospect, I can laugh. I was dating this guy and things were going really really well and then suddenly..they weren't.
["She Don't Know She's Beautiful" is playing on the radio]
Guy I'm Dating: This song will never be sung about you.
Me: Thanks?
A few days later...
["What's a Guy Gotta Do to Get a Girl in this Town" is playing on the radio]
Same Guy I Was Pretty Sure I Was Dating: Amen!
Me: Um..
Next day...
["What Was I Thinking" is playing on the radio]
Same stupidhead: Man, what WAS I thinking?
Me: Excuse me?
Next day...
["Goodbye, Earl" is playing on the radio]
Slimeball: We should just be friends.
Me: Bite me, jerk. (well, I didn't say that, but I sure thought it)
I was just WAITING for a good song to come on the radio so I could break it off and he beat me to it. Typical.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
oh man, my first time blogging (i'm still embarrassed) and this is what i find. WHAT A FREAKY MAN. that is so hilarious...i'm glad you broke up. and married someone else.
Becca! I was like, "Who IS this person??"
I'm glad I married someone else too :)
Post a Comment