Saturday, January 06, 2007

Bravery

Seeing as my sister lives and works in Utah but is planning on getting married here in June, the planning of her wedding is, for the most part, left up to my mother and me. We are really excited about our wedding planning responsibilities and we are taking them very seriously. My mom had a blast planning my wedding. I was so twitterpated at the time I don't think I actually did much. I seem to remember shrugging and saying, "I don't care *sigh* isn't Aaron great?" a lot. So, we're way excited to plan Nikki's wedding.

To aid us in our preparations, today my mom and I spent roughly 5 hours at the AZ Bridal Fair at the Phoenix Convention center. We interviewed photographers (definitely need a new one of those), sampled wedding cakes, surveyed floral arrangements, and looked for inspiring centerpieces. We came home with a huge bag full of business cards, magazines, pamphlets, and pricing sheets.

We also came home with a wedding dress.

I think the very epitome of bravery is buying a wedding dress for a bride who is not there to see it or try it on. I did call her and describe it to her and she thought it sounded great, but it's certainly not the same as seeing it in person, watching how the beading sparkles, feeling the material, and looking at yourself in all the mirrors. But we found a gorgeous dress with everything she had said she wanted. With sleeves. Size 6. For $500. We just couldn't NOT buy it. We figured if she hates it we'll just sell in on e-bay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it is a beautiful dress. i just need to try it on. :)