Monday, July 12, 2010

I'm making tomatillo sauce for chicken tacos tonight and thought the paper skins were so pretty, like green flowers.

But you see that big old jar of water back there? That's my water cup for today. Because it is ridiculously hot outside and I? I am wearing pants.

I am wearing pants because my leg has been mangled.

My leg was mangled by...yogurt.

It's probably one of the weirder things I've been injured by, but ya, it was yogurt.

I went to the grocery store last week and remembered that Wes has been begging for yogurt lately (he also begs for broccoli and carrots. And to read the scriptures. And I'm trying to decide if this bodes well for the teenage years or if I should be hunkering down and preparing for the storm) so I grabbed one of those bigger tubs and set it in the vacant baby seat because the rest of my cart was quite full. And then it fell through the leg hole and the (vicious!) sharp edges of the plastic lid took a huge swath of my shin with it on the way down.

It looked pretty horrific. As I limped my way to the check-out I got a few, "Oh my gosh, are you OK?"s. And several of them asked what happened and I was like, "See that bloodied tub of yogurt right there?" And basically I just got a lot of weird looks.

It's almost a week later and it still looks kind of ugly. I had to wear a long dress to church yesterday because I didn't want to have to explain how I was attacked by yogurt to everyone who saw my leg.

So, pretty much, I'm awesome.

5 comments:

Janssen said...

This kind of story is exactly why we are friends.

Rita said...

I like that your drinking your water out of a mason jar! Hope your leg gets better quick, who wants to be wearing pants right now. I hope it hasn't compromised your running abilities.

Bart said...

I started skimming this post when I thought it was about cooking. Then I saw "pretty horrific" and "bloodied tub of yogurt" and had to re-read from the beginning. Sorry for your leg, but I do appreciate the action-packed story. When are you sending us your novel?

angela hardison said...

yogurt attack!? yeah, you are awesome.

even though it's funny, i hope your leg heals soon.

Thelma said...

Oh dear.

this week i tripped over my own leg and my own toenail ripped a big piece of skin off of my other leg.

Drink plenty of water! and even get lots of electrolytes. We finished hot season in Thailand thankfully, but I did learn a lot - drinking water isn't gonna do it for you. Drink some gatorade sometimes too. It suprisingly does wonders. Also, don't get cholera, that's something else I learned.