Monday, July 26, 2010

Going Under the Laser

Back when I blogged about Groupon I had a couple requests that I blog about my laser hair removal experience.

I had my first appointment last Thursday and the whole experience was pretty awesome (except for the part where they were running a half hour late, but they gave me a fun little gift bag by way of apology).

The place I'm going to is called Deseret Aesthetic & Lifestyle Institute. The office itself is quite nice and the staff was super friendly (I got complimented on my handwriting!).

The laser tech turned out to be a girl I went to high school with. Small, small world. We didn't know each other back in the day (my high school was huge) but it was like, "You look familiar..." "Ya, you look familiar too..." and we put it together. She was super nice and we had a lovely chat while she went to work on my legs.

My friend Crystal did laser hair removal for a few years and she even used the same laser (the Lightsheer which is, by all accounts, the best laser available) and she warned me that it was going to hurt pretty badly. So I was bracing myself for some serious pain.

Dude. Not. Painful. It wasn't an incredibly pleasant sensation (a bit like pins and needles) but I was expecting something more like the pain of waxing. I called Crystal afterward and she suggested that maybe I have a really high pain tolerance but um, I doubt that. My mom is going in today so we'll compare notes when she's done and see if it really was that mild.

It was also pretty darn fast, which was nice. My legs felt slightly odd for the rest of the day but by the next day they felt normal.

It's too early to see any difference and it will take about 6 treatments total so I can't really report on results. I'll be sure to write on that when I'm all done.

*Also, for the people who were sad they missed out on the deal: there will probably be something similar if you wait. They had a Groupon for laser hair removal just a few days before I signed up like 4 months ago and I was all bummed that I missed it. But I figured that wouldn't be the last chance ever so I signed up and waited (and bought a few other ones in the meantime) and voila! This one came around. So go to Groupon and sign up and make sure you're getting the deals emailed to you every day. Odds are really really good that another chance will come around!

3 comments:

Janssen said...

You DO have lovely handwriting. So clearly they are vair smart there.

Isabel said...

I think I told you I did laser too back when you first posted about this. Anyway...yeah I was surprised that it didn't hurt either. In fact it hurt so little that it was laughable.

And then they turned it up with each subsequent appointment. I guess they can do that. They start low and, I guess, that doesn't really do as much. It's the high setting that does the most removal.

So basically, while I was happy it didn't hurt those first few times...I wish they would have just turned the darn thing up and sped up the process.

(This was so many years ago and I have no idea what system was used on me....so it might not be like this anymore.)

Becky said...

i didnt get one...but keep me posted!!!...sometimes i regret it. I bought an airline ticket instead!