A sweet older lady from my church passed away this week. Due to the rather large numbers of grandchildren and great grandchildren that will be attending the funeral I was asked to provide some cupcakes for the funeral luncheon and while I was mixing and pouring and whatnot, I got to thinking.
If I die, I want a completely ridiculous dessert table at my funeral. Like, dig up my keepers binder and make every single thing in the dessert section and maybe even skip the actual luncheon part so everyone has enough room for lots of dessert. Funerals should be a reflection of what mattered to the person in life, right? So have a Christ-centered service with beautiful music followed by a massive dessert party decorated with pictures of my babies. And..that about sums up my life.
Also, while eating the desserts at my post departure dessert party you must take bites and, even if it's not true, say things like, "You know, this is a dang good brownie but Kayla made them better." And everyone else will nod all solemnly and someone needs to say, "Yep, I reckon she shore did" (because for some reason there are hillbillies at my funeral in my daydreaming). And I will beam down on you from above.
And then I'll realize that I'm missing dessert thanks to my recent death and get all annoyed. Actually, I'm kind of annoyed about that right now. I need a cupcake.
Friday, July 09, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Dave and I went to lunch at this new deli and pie shop by our house today. They had a sign on the wall the read "Life is short, eat dessert first." I loved it!
Oh, Kayla, I love it! The whole hillbilly daydream part...awesome!
NIce. Nice. Love it!
This is brilliant! I would totally want the exact same thing.
Wow I love this post. And I dont think your too weird because hillbillys sometimes show up in my day dreams too. It might also have to do with the fact that I live in Texas, though. And when people get old in Texas, the accent gets crazier.
Post a Comment