Friday, February 26, 2010

Maternity Jeans

I meant to share this a couple weeks ago but my life is still kind of a whirlwind right now and I never got around to it.

It pains me to even say this but, you know my maternity jeans? The ones I'm so in love with that I could marry them and bear their little maternity jeans babies?

They're no longer fitting quite right.

I KNOW. I'm so distraught over this you have no idea. It's like my shape changed and all of a sudden I can't keep them up anymore. The panel is just at the wrong height for this point in my pregnancy and they slide down and I find myself constantly sagging and selling crack to the world.

And then this morning Janssen asked me if she'd be totally crazy to try making her own and I was like, "Wait a second...I saw a tutorial on this..." and I dug up the link in my old unfinished post and, having looked it over, I think I might be jumping on that make your own wagon as well so I can make a higher panel and maybe a tighter bit of elastic to keep mine up.

So there ya go. In the event that you can't find a pair of maternity jeans that you love, here's a tutorial (and someone who used the tutorial) to make your own.

4 comments:

Rita said...

That stinks about your maternity jeans, I also love my maternity jeans. You look cute in stretchy skirts though too. That looks like a great tutorial, I have tons of jeans I wouldn't mind turning into maternity jeans.

RA said...

For what it's worth, I remembered seeing this other tutorial a while back in case you want to cross-reference the methods. They look pretty similar, but I always find multiple opinions helpful.

Unknown said...

I totally made my own pair of maternity jeans, and they worked out pretty well, actually. Just make sure that you use a shirt or fabric that holds up decently well, and that you don't use your old stretched out undershirt. Otherwise, you might start feeling like Bert in Mary Poppins when he's dancing with the penguins.

Janssen said...

How about you come visit and make them for me?