So I hopped on today and, much to my surprise, Twitter says I have 7 followers. SEVEN followers? Really? For the 2 stupid tweets I put up over the past 6 months? How did they even know I existed?
And then I looked at my follower page.
Now, I'm not real good at math and whatnot, but I'm fairly certain my "7 followers" are actually only FIVE followers.It's possible that I'm totally missing something seeing as I still don't actually GET Twitter (when you post something is it called a tweet? a twit? Is it even called posting? Do you tweet a twit? Or maybe twitter a tweet? And what's with all the little symbol things? @? #? Is there like a user's manual somewhere?) but from where I'm sitting it looks a bit like I might be better at counting than Twitter.
(this is where someone comments about what's going on with my follower page and lets me know I'm a total idiot. Come on. I'm waiting for it)





6 comments:
@username, #topic. E.g. "@kaylamoncur This is how you send someone a public message." and #firstworldproblems
There's also "retweeting", where you share what someone else said, typically of the form "RT @my_clever_friend Original post. // my comment".
My guess is that the missing followers might be spammers that got deleted. (Stupid that it didn't fix your follower count, though.) Twitter has had serious issues with scaling and spammers, but I still think it's a lot of fun.
As far as I can tell, you tweet a tweet. But meh, I generally say you post a post to your Twitter feed.
Wow! I am totally with you, I supposedly have 11 followers and it only shows 5. Interesting.
I wondered this myself, about the crazy followers thing, but I just figured I was too stupid to realize what's actually going on. I've also got a bunch of wierd followers i've had to block, have you had that yet?
There are a couple people that I have NO IDEA who they are, but thus far the fact that I don't know them is their only strike. So I've let them be. Nothing creepy.
Yet.
I'm right there with you, Kayla...what on earth is a tweet? I've heard all about twittering this and that, but have yet to try it out. I'll wait for your review in a few months to see how all the @ ? are coming:) Love your blog, by the way....have you started a book yet? If not, you should.
For clarification...I meant to say, have you started "writing" a book. You have a very fun-to-read-blog-because-it-is-interesting technique.
Post a Comment