Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Some Thoughts on Twitter

So, since Janssen successfully hounded me into using Twitter I have discovered a few things.

A. Twitter is like a party you thought would be really lame so you didn't bother going but then it turns out all your friends and family were there.

My parents have Twitter. My sister has Twitter. A whole bunch of Aaron's family has Twitter. Where have I been? Do YOU have Twitter???

B. A whole lot of famous people have Twitter. And their feeds are kind of lame.

C. Finding out that Barack Obama and Britney Spears and Shaq and Demi Moore have Twitter was kind of like, "oh hey, I've heard of them" but then with some more searching it was like HOLY CRAP SARAH DESSEN AND NEIL GAIMAN AND JOHN GREEN AND LOIS LOWRY HAVE TWITTER!!! Which just goes to show you: I am a total geek.

C.i. Josh Groban has Twitter. And his feed is kind of funny.

C.i.i. I'm following Emma Watson. I just like her. And her feed is kind of normal teenagery.

D. Lots of people you don't know will follow you because they are Twitter whores and are likely hoping for a little quid pro quo type following but here is the thing: I am not interested. My home page already overwhelms me a bit and I'm only following 30ish people, about half of which don't use their accounts very often and the other half of which are authors or people I am hoping will offer me free books. So no.

E. I am too verbose for Twitter. But that's ok, because that's what my blog is for.

8 comments:

Janssen said...

Woot! Having you use twitter is pretty much the pinnacle of my life.

Braden said...

Seriously, I was so stoked to find Neil Gaiman. Also Ben Folds.

RA said...

Nooo, Kayla! I was so happy to have non-Twitter company for a brief moment.

Becca said...

I didn't know Neil Gaiman was on Twitter! I must go find him. Also, you.

Following the Fug Girls is freakishly fun.

Janell said...

I know I'm missing a big party, but I spend so much time online already that I can't bring myself to sign up for Twitter yet. I'm sure at some point I'll succumb!

megan said...

Wow, I never knew there was a good reason for using twitter--like free books. Way to go!

mominaz said...

I saw that you are following me, but since I never tweet and rarely get on the site, it's pointless for me. If I had access via my phone I'd probably really like it.

Becky said...

I'm not caving on twitter... not yet! I'm w/ janell. I think Kent would take my computer away if I spent any more time on it!