So, my hair is black.
It feels so needlessly rebellious. I dyed my hair black a couple times as a teenager. Who hasn't? But as a 23 year old mom it feels kind of desperate.
My intention was to dye it as close to my natural color as possible and thus cover up the icky looking sun bleached ends and the ill advised red that made a nice little line 3 inches down from my scalp.
I picked a box, held it up to my roots in the mirror and judged it good. It was called "Natural Dark Brown." Which is a very apt description of my natural hair color.
People, there is nothing natural or brown about this color.
At least now it's just black. Prior to 3 bouts with the shampoo bottle today it was more like black-purple.
When I emailed Aaron to warn him that he wouldn't be coming home to the same wife he left this morning he responded, "Better black hair than short hair."
You know. Priorities.
And the point of all of this is to say:
Please don't point and laugh when I walk by.
Thank you and goodnight.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





12 comments:
In college I accidentally dyed my hair orange. I tried to fix it myself and ended up dying part of it green. I was hysterical; however, I didn't have any money to fix it. I ended up going to the beauty school, and they dyed my hair black. Don't worry; it will wash out over the next week or two.
Aaron's comment is the best part of this whole thing. Seriously.
I used to want to dye my hair black. But someone told me I'd never get my natural color back so I decided against it. I'm sure it looks fine. While it's black, you should play the part. Dark eyeliner, gothic poetry readings.
That's the same thing I did in college; box said "dark brown" turned out black. Eight months later I had triffle hair color, natural, blackish brown, and sun bleached tips, remember? I ended up spending $100 to have it fixed and have never died my hair again. Good Luck with that.
I politely request that you post pictures or something.
That way I can avoid pointing and laughing while actually seeing you, as opposed to just wondering what it looks like.
For the record, I'm sure it doesn't look that bad at all. I went with a wash out auburn at one point in college...let's just say I was glad it was a wash out.
add some purple streaks, that would be awesome!! Just kidding Kayla, I'm sure it looks fine.
Do not despair! I know that color and I had the same reaction but in like four days you are gonna love it! Meanwhile I anticipate my hair falling out in a couple of weeks (as always happens post birth to me). So...imagine how much Aaron would love that.
Marissa- I would LOVE to see you with green hair.
Caitlin- I've been wearing a bit more eyeliner than usual, but also: bright green eyeshadow. For some reason it looks ridiculous with my natural color but AWESOME with the black. I'm taking advantage of it while I can.
Raquel- I had forgotten about that! I know your pain.
Nicole- I'm sure there will be pictures from our Grand Canyon weekend. I'll post them because I love you.
Kristi- Isn't post-partum awesome? I lost hair in CLUMPS. It was nasty.
Oh man I did the black hair thing for a while. I was really depressed. And looked AWFUL.
what a teaser. how can you talk about your hair and not post a picture of it?? i demand a picture;) jk.
i'm so glad you commented. you said you did a while back but i must have never got it.
i love you and your blog. you're a crack up.
and that chair you reupholstered...amazing!
and...oh yeah, 13 books in a month and a half...impressive! good luck reaching 121. i have faith in you.
Hmmmm...thanks Aaron! What? I'm not attractive now that I have short hair? NICE! :P
Post a Comment