(click to enlarge)This is my cul-de-sac. My house is the one marked with the red 'A' balloon at bottom left. As you can see, due to our corner position we have a lot of curb space. I mean, A LOT. Plenty in front. Plenty around the side. We are not lacking for curb.
Here is my problem: people who visit them don't really know where to park. This is understandable since there really isn't a place you can easily pull up and park in front of their house. So, they park in front of our house. Which isn't the thing that annoys me. The thing that annoys me is that, without fail, their visitors park directly in front of our walkway.
I think this annoys me because I would never do that. If for some reason I have to park in front of a house that is not the one I'm visiting I make sure to park as far away from the walkway (and driveway, if I can swing it) as possible. I want to make sure they have room if they have guests because their guests should have priority parking at their house.
There have been many times when our guests have been unable to park in front of our walkway because our neighbor has a visitor. Which isn't that big of a deal but it just seems so discourteous to me. The weird thing is, there's even space for their visitors to pull up closer to our neighbors' house, which would move them away from our walkway. But they don't.
So, my question is: am I totally making up courtesy rules for parking in front of someone else's house? If you were visiting my next door neighbor, would you park in front of my walkway and not give it another thought? If you were me, would you even be annoyed or am I just crazy?
(I think I might be crazy.)





6 comments:
I'm with you. But maybe that's just how we were brought up. It used to drive me absolutely crazy when the Scurr's visitors would park in front of our walkway. Clearly it's impossible to pull 5 feet forward to leave the walkway open.
I think your courtesy rules are common sense, or should be.
I'd be annoyed too. Wet neighbors with stick insect legs and tiny foreheads.
This sounds like a Seinfeld episode idea, yeah? I don;t get why they don't pull up further (closer to the house they are visiting) THAT is weird!
I think you are nutso.
I'd be annoyed too...but maybe I'm crazy?!! I don't like when anyone parks in front of my house..I think it's one of those understood things (unless there is no where else to park).
Post a Comment