I'm planning to post about our deep and abiding love.
And I was just like, "Aw, that's sweet. Janssen loves me." And then I got another, slightly embarrassed, email with what she meant to say, which was:
I'm planning to post about our deep and abiding love for the Georgia Nicolson books.
Which kind of makes more sense. I mean, she does love me and all, but it would be awkward for her readers if she were to write a kind of love sonnet to me on her blog. And it might make things a little uncomfortable for her husband, Bart.
In any event, Janssen has written a post about our deep and abiding love for the Georgia Nicolson books and I just wanted to add a hearty "Amen!" to what she wrote.
They're quick, easy reads (I finished all 9 in 3 weeks). Janssen listened to them on tape, which I think might be the funnier way to go since you get the accent and all, but either way you will snort with laughter.
And then you will know what we are talking about since we have pretty much welcomed the crazy phrases Georgia uses into our daily lives and I don't think anyone who has not read the books could actually follow any conversation we have these days. We're kind of ridiculous (and we're totally ok with that).
So, go! And read! And then we will send you e-cards like this one that Janssen sent me:

And then we will laugh like loons on loon tablets. And we will not eschew you with a firm hand. Or make fun of your vair large knickers.
(see what I mean? Nerds.)





2 comments:
Best post ever. I will not have to duff you up now. You have proved yourself to be, indeed, a wise woman of the forest and full of maturiosity.
Love those books too! They were my guilty pleasure for a while.
Post a Comment