Sunday, November 02, 2008

A Change of Plans


I was gearing up for a shower on Friday afternoon so I'd be all ready for a night of passing out candy to the neighbor kids while hanging out with some friends when my mom reminded me that she and my dad would need a ride to the airport that evening because they were flying up to Utah to visit my sister and her husband. I pouted and said, "I wanna go!"

So we did.

We threw a couple changes of clothes and some baby food in a bag and hopped on a flight to SLC (I totally wore my Halloween costume (shirt) on the plane). We spent a short but fabulous weekend with Nikki and Sam as well as Aaron's brother, Jeremy, who just moved up there from Hawaii.

We ate at Rancherito, Tucanos, the French bakery, Sugar & Spice and Noodles & Co and that was all we could fit in. Even though I also wanted to go to Pizza Factory, Pudding on the Rice, Magleby's, Burger Supreme, and Smokehouse. Alas. (Is it weird that we get so excited about eating when we go to Provo/Orem?)


Thanks to Nikki and Sam for letting us play sardines for a weekend!

8 comments:

Becky said...

Unbelieveable!! I love those spur of the moment trips...I could NEVER pull it off with 3 kids. But glad you could do it.

Becca said...

When my family visits, the Most Important Thing is where we're going to eat--that's how we plan our day. You have to take advantage of Provo restaurants!

Bart said...

I get unbelievably excited about eating at Bamboo Hut by Movies 8 in Provo. I readily admit it's greasy and not really all that good, but it takes me back to high school and I love it. Janssen kindly joins me whenever I go.

Woot for last-minute vacations!

Braden said...

A Provo culinary adventure with no Bombay House? Missed out.

We're always excited about Arizona food, too--Cafe Lalibela and Claim Jumper are awesome.

Nikki said...

Clearly the flash doesn't do wonders on me or Aaron. Aaron's expression fits it well, though. Thanks for coming! It was fun to see everyone. And we get to see you all again later this month! yay!

Dyan said...

I think it's funny we check up on each other's blogs! We'll be staying with my parents in Tempe for a month or so until we figure out exactly where we want to be. My husband will mostly be working in Scottsdale. You're in Mesa, right? Any suggestions for good areas for families, good schools, ect?

Karen said...

What you don't go to Bajios?? That's a must for us--the shrimp tacos are my favorite. We also have a list of places to go. We do Noodles, Costa Vida, Bombay House (when we can get Greg to be ok with it!),Cafe Rio and Macaroni Grill (the one in Riverwoods is the best we've ever eaten at. Really we love the bread the best!)

TheMoncurs said...

Bart- I've never been to Bamboo Hut! I'll have to try it next time I'm there.

Bawb- Never been to Bombay House, actually. And, honestly, it's not really up my alley. I'm kind of weird about Indian food. I've heard it's fabulous though!

Karen- We have Bajios here! No need to indulge when we're in Provo because we can have it any time. We also have Costa Vida, Cafe Rio, and an excellent Macaroni Grill all close by. Because we're lucky like that :)