1. This is hard and a little embarrassing to admit, but...I love entertainment news. I am a daily visitor to People.com and Pink is the New Blog. I find endless enjoyment at Go Fug Yourself. I'm one of those people who doesn't mind long lines at the supermarket because I've got my nose buried in celebrity tabloids. For the most part I don't BUY the magazines...but sometimes I do. I kind of hate that I'm one of THOSE people but not enough to do anything about it.
2. I really and truly just love drinking room temperature water. People always think I must be lying or crazy, but seriously. Soda doesn't do it for me. Juice only sometimes cuts it. Milk has its days. But water..sweet sweet water. Nothing compares.
3. If I had to eat one thing forever it would probably be fresh, ripe peaches. The movie James and the Giant Peach KILLS me and I just sit there and salivate through the whole thing. Ya, giant bugs, sharks blah blah blah but the PEACH!
4. We have this really lovely ice at work that I like to eat throughout the day (it's a little slushy so it doesn't feel like it will break your teeth when you crunch on it). Problem is, my tongue gets kind of numb and then sometimes I have to answer the phone before I regain all the feeling which makes speaking really difficult. I hate that.
5. Flying makes me really nervous. Turbulence can make me teary because clearly we are all going to die.
6. I don't really like living in Mesa all that much. I love being near my family, I love my short commute, I love the sunsets and I love the smell of orange blossoms, but otherwise I think it's kind of dirty and miserably hot for far too much of the year. I'd love to live in Utah, California, Oregon or maybe Washington. Somewhere with trees and snowcapped mountains would be ideal.
7. I have another blog. Which brings us to...
8.
A small preview of what we are expecting in late January/early February of next year! I labeled it for your convenience cause heaven knows it's impossible to see anything in those blasted ultrasound pictures. I started TheMoncursBaby pretty soon after the positive test so I would have a place to blog about pregnancy stuff without taking over this blog (also, a place to blog secretly until I was ready to spread the word). I'm determined to not blog a bunch of baby stuff here (it would take over), so if you're interested you can head over there. If not, you're in the right place. And because I know these questions will be asked:Q. How are you feeling?
A. Sick as a dog and praying with every breath the all day nausea passes with the first trimester. That's my real excuse for not blogging lately. Between the exhaustion and the nausea I'm really just not that interested in doing anything that doesn't involve sleeping or laying on my left side and pitying myself.
Q. Any weird cravings?
A. I kind of had a thing for melted cheese for a while but that has mostly passed. The really strange thing is that I don't really want sugar much anymore, which is a small miracle considering I could live off of candy bars, brownies, cookies and this fabulous cream cheese chocolate chip dip before I got pregnant. The gestational diabetes gods are watching out for me.
Q. How did you tell Aaron/your parents?
A. Check out the baby blog for the stories, complete with pictures! There's a list of labels on the right side, one is called "Breaking the News." If you click that it will bring up my posts about telling everyone.
Q. Are you/Aaron/your parents excited?
A. Not really. We all hate babies. And puppies and rainbows.
Q. Are you finding out the gender? What do you think it is? Do you have a preference?
A. Heck yes, I think people who don't find out are wacko. I think it might be a boy, but I won't be surprised if I'm wrong. We have no preference as long as he/she is healthy.
Q. Have you thought about names?
A. Dude, I'm a girl. I've been thinking about names since I was 5 years old.
Q. When are you due?
A. The doc says January 29, but I don't think I'm quite as far along as she thinks I am. I bet it will be early February.
Q. Are you showing yet?
A. I'm a little thicker round about the mid section and after a big meal I look about 6 months pregnant (you should see me eat), but no..not really. I still comfortably fit in my jeans most days (on bloated days and after eating I have to undo my top button when I sit down). Pressure on my stomach makes the nausea worse though, so I'm definitely leaning toward looser clothing which makes me look bigger than I actually am. I've only gained 4 or 5 pounds so far and I think I carry it well.
Q. And WHEN were you going to tell me???
A. There are a few friends who I tried to call/meet up with so I could tell in a more personal way but it just kept not working out due to incorrect phone numbers and scheduling issues (if you're sitting there kind of put out that you had to find out on my blog, then more than likely I'm referring to you). I've been putting off blogging about this for your sakes, but I got kind of tired of waiting, especially now that I'll be hitting the second trimester next week. I finally got to tell Shawna this weekend and decided it was time. Don't be mad, I'm having a baby!





4 comments:
congratulations! How exciting! I went over and read all your entries on your baby blog. Fun times!
Kayla! I am SO Excited for you! I haven't even checked out your cute baby blog yet-and have been on vacation so I haven't checked your more recent entries but I am thrilled for you guys. Not like I have any clue-but babies are the most wonderful things ever-and the scariest. I can't wait to read your blog and hear all about it! Congrats again.
Holy Congradufreakin'lations!
I'm so excited for you!! This is, A-MAZ-ING!
Wahoo!
(yeah, I don't really know what else to say.:)
Congratulations!! That's way exciting!!
Post a Comment