Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Boy Who Lived

When I heard that the 7th Harry Potter book was coming out I was kind of excited, but I was definitely not one of those people who slapped a countdown clock on their blog and made predictions at the LeakyCauldron.com about whether or not he would live. It had been a while since I finished reading book 6 and I was just feeling kinda meh about the whole thing. I would read it for sure, but..whenever I got around it.

THEN I reread books 1-6 this week.

Oh my gosh I think I will DIE if I don't get my hands on book 7 on Saturday morning. In a moment of weakness after closing Book 6 I may or may not have looked at the purported spoilers on the web (bad Kayla!). Fortunately they all say quite different things about what happens and right now, as far as I'm concerned, EVERYONE dies. When reading the actual book it will be a pleasant surprise when people survive.

For those who are feeling the Harry Potter love, I give unto you Moosebutter. Lewis, my fabulous (and now a dad twice over!) co-worker from the BYU library introduced me to their Harry Potter song back when and I'd been singing the bits I remember for the past week. I finally Googled them this morning and the song is still available! To listen, click the link above, click "music" in their home page header, scroll down to Harry Potter (in the second set) and click the blue arrow. Enjoy! Make sure your volume is kind of turned up..they're some funny stuff in the background that is a little difficult to hear. (also, they used to have a British accented version of the song which was hiLARious..if anyone knows how to find it, I'd love to have both)

2 comments:

Sam said...

You had time to read all 6 of the books in one week? I don't even have time to read 1/2 of one of the boooks in 1 week. I'm so jealous.

n

Unknown said...

You have no idea the joy that this Harry Potter song has brought into our home. Thank you for your kind sharing.

Also, that comment makes me sound like a middle-aged relief society sister...

Seriously though, great song.