I haven't blogged in nine days. NINE. That is some kind of record for me. I keep thinking I should sit down and write something but I swear my brain has stopped working. I have a really good reason though:
That's Jay on the left and Jones on the right (both very much enjoying their wubbanubs) laying on my brother Jared's old baby blanket (also, we have a lot of J's around here all of a sudden). Nikki and Sam came into town this weekend for Jones' blessing at church and I finally got to meet my one and only nephew. It was so fun to compare the two babies. They do look a lot alike in some ways but very different in others.
Our boys are so lucky to have cousins close in age! Nikki, Jared and I were kind of an island. My mom was a surprise late baby ten years after my grandma thought she was done having kids so our cousins on that side are all quite a bit older than we are. My dad is the oldest with a large span between siblings so our cousins on his side are really young (there are even two that are younger than Wes). So we never really got to have cousins our age growing up and we're so excited that our kids will!
Lots more pictures from the blessing weekend to come.
___________________________________________________________
This morning I was wandering around my house thinking I needed to go put another sweater on. My hands and feet were FREEZING. I wandered by the thermostat and saw that it was 74 degrees in our house and I thought, "THAT'S why I'm so cold!"
You know you live in Arizona when...
___________________________________________________________
If you don't read Design Mom then you probably missed Wes's birth story that got posted last week. You should see the "HOLY CRAP YOU'RE ON DESIGN MOM" text messages I got that day. She's a total rock star and I feel really privileged to be included in the beautiful collection of birth stories she's been sharing over the past few months!
___________________________________________________________
So, I fell out of bed a couple nights ago. I'm not even really sure what happened, I thought Jones was crying but by the time I realized I was on the floor with a rug burn on my knee he was sleeping peacefully so I possibly dreamed (or hallucinated) the crying (you are allowed to laugh at me. It was funny. In retrospect).
I kind of feel like one of those 90s drug commercials where there's an egg and they're like, "This is your brain" and then they fry the egg and they're like "This is your brain on drugs!" except I'm "This is your brain on....." Motherhood? That fabulous newborn smell? Not your regular amount of sleep? I don't know. BUT! Jones is 4 weeks old today and I am finally FINALLY starting to feel less scrambled. Like we might actually be returning to Regular Life. And it feels really really good.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)





4 comments:
Falling out of bed does not really appeal to me. Must get a rug.
Four weeks already? Wow! That went fast! Sorry we couldn't make it up for the blessing. I can't wait to meet him!
I just read you on Design Mom! You are so cool and famous! So many of those stories made me cry, I'm glad yours had a happy ending!
Such a cute picture... And yeah for cousins! That will be so much fun for them growing up. I've been thinking about you and I'm glad to know you're alive and kicking (despite the falling out of bed, which--I couldn't help it--did make me giggle).
Post a Comment