Monday, May 24, 2010

Best Thing Ever!

I finally bought a Bebe au Lait nursing cover. I fought it for a month thinking, "Eh, a blanket works." Except for the part where it doesn't. If you're outside it blows around and if you're inside it might fall off at inconvenient times while you're fighting with your baby and you can't swaddle with it AND nurse under it at the same time and basically after a month I was pretty ready to admit I was wrong (that doesn't happen often).

And lo, I have been converted. I am in love with my cover. I got it in this print and it's probably the prettiest thing I own. Weird but true.

Side note: WHO came up with the term "hooter hider"? Because it makes me want to gag. End side note.

Side note two: what did I talk about before I had another baby?? I seriously can't think of anything NOT baby related to blog about.  If you have some inspiration for me, let me know. My brain is stuck in baby mode. End side note two.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE those things-- except we call them "knocker blockers"!! LOL!

iheartmesa said...

Congrats on the new addition. Loved your pictures and your birth story. Aren't we glad for those tender mercies of peace when really, looking back, we should have freaked out a little more?

(Also, I enjoyed your guest post on Design Mom and am glad number two wasn't too early.)

Sherry said...

I have seen those given away at baby showers, only the person giving them made them, which is pretty awesome. So I was a teensy bit surprised you didn't make yours. Then I was like, "Oh yeah. Infant. Sewing is probably not at the top of her list."

Heather said...

Yeah, I am only sad that I only had one for my fourth child. I will be learning how to make them and giving these at future baby showers.

TheMoncurs said...

Sherry- Sometimes it's just easier to fork over the money. Plus it has a couple features I wouldn't have thought of, like terry pockets on the inside that you can use to put nursing pads and mop up spit up. Ingenious! And zero effort on my part.

Rita said...

Very cute nursing cover. I'm liking mine much more the second time around. I do have a hooter hider and an udder cover, I'm not sure which term is worse.

Janssen said...

That is darling.

Also, remember when we used to talk and stuff?

Caitlin Carroll said...

Mine is called an "Udder Cover"... gag, gag, gag. I didn't think I needed one either, but I LOVE IT. Except now my baby won't nurse under it and just rips it off all the time.

Isabel said...

I was always on the "a blanket works fine" side too. But this time around I want to try one of these. A friend said she's make me one. I'm anxious to see how it turns out.

That being said, the biggest reason I want one is so that I can nurse in church. I really struggled with being banished to the stinky Mothers Room for over a year and missing out on a lot of Sacrament. You know. This time around....I'm totally just going to nurse under my cover.

Hey, I'm sure Mary nursed Jesus too.

(As for something non baby related to blog about...good luck!)

Megan said...

If you go to Uddercover.com and order one, use the code "ONEFREE" and you can get it for free, except for S&H. That's what I did, and I'm loving it. Except it doesn't have pockets inside like your Bebe au Lait. But for those of you who don't have one yet (Janssen?), this is a pretty good deal.