(via ffffound)
Lately I've got the wanderlust. I'm just feeling a little bleh about my house, my town, my local restaurants. Which is funny because any time Aaron has brought up moving out of our house I've freaked out and said we can't go outside our neighborhood because I don't want to have to find new friends or a new grocery store.
Except then I read blogs like Cait's (she's off gallivanting in Egypt for a few months), and Caitlin Wilson's (living in Dubai with her husband and baby), and Shannon's (living in England and wandering all over the rest of the world with THREE kids and a husband) and I start packing my bags and listing our furniture on Craigslist. This post had me searching for houses in Texas (I need a porch for breakfast eating!) and day dreaming about gardening and having a yard my kids could play in without evaporating.
It's a good thing we've got two vacations planned for this year. Our cruise can't come soon enough.






5 comments:
I feel the same way! I was thinking about that today. I might not make it to Egypt, but even visiting another U.S. State would make me feel great. I am so jealous of your cruise! Hooray for a vacation!
i've got permanent wanderlust... it's a huge problem. especially when it is so freakin' hot.
but hey, there are some REALLY great restaurants in phoenix, i promise. let me know if you ever want any suggestions.
So good to read this as I prepare to leave my home of eight years. I do love to travel, I will think of these next two moves (fellowship and then job) as the adventures they are.
It's the heat. We're over here plotting how many times we can get out of it in the next few months! (Just booked our tickets to go to the redwoods in CA--withOUT kids--in July. Woo Hoo!)
. . . boston. . .
Seriously, you should come this fall.
Post a Comment