Thursday, August 06, 2009

Dashed Hopes

I have several things to look forward to in the mail right now. My swimsuit should be showing up any time now and Janssen popped Catching Fire in the mail for me a few days ago and we were thinking that I could start looking for it on Friday.

But sometimes the US Postal Service pulls through and things show up super fast, ya know?

So I was cautiously optimistic while going out to check the mail today. And when I opened the box there was a package! That was the right size for a swimsuit! Or a book! It could be either one and that would be so super fast and that would totally make my Thursday!

And then I pulled it out and I was confused because it wasn't addressed to me and both of those things should be. And turns out it was something Aaron had ordered.

It was ink.

Like, for our printer (could there BE a more boring package?).

As in, hi, USPS, way to completely and totally stomp my hopes and dreams and then dash them on the rocks while laughing at my pain.

Maybe tomorrow.

4 comments:

Janssen said...

PLEEEEEASE let it come today. Please, please, please, please.

Christy said...

I'll give you ANYTHING if you send Catching Fire to me next. My next child? Okay just kidding...sort of.

megan said...

Don't you dare! It needs me. I need it. And I am sorry about the ink. What a bummer.

Lonica said...

I can definitely relate to the feeling. I was never more anxious for the mail than on Saturday mornings when Scott was on his mission (that is usually when I would get a leter). If it didn't make it Sat. morning than I had to wait all day till Monday....Gahhh! It was so frustrating. Here's to hoping you get the book first!