I'd like to make some additions.
1. Rubbermaid Sip Bottle
One of my bestest pals had her salivary glands knocked out by diabetes or thyroid cancer or both and as a result she is almost non functional unless she has water handy. She always has one of these Rubbermaid Sip Bottles with her and Wes and I were ALWAYS stealing drinks (me because I always forget my own bottle and Wes because her bottle was clearly better than his sippy cup).I finally sucked it up and got my own (they're dirt cheap and can be found at pretty much any grocery store) and have lived happily ever after. It holds 32 ounces and there's something about it that makes it so convenient. Perhaps it's the straw? Or the fact that it fits perfectly in my hand? Whatever it is, I have no problem remembering it when I leave the house and Wes likes it too so I can leave his sippy at home and we just share. I find myself drinking a lot more and I figured out that I've had the equivalent of 24 glasses of water a day ever since I bought it. Ya. I feel awesome. Hydration is a wonderful thing.
2. Hanes Men's V-neck shirts
I wear these alllll the time. If you see me 3 days in a row wearing a white v-neck I'll have you know that it's not the same shirt. I own a LOT of these. They are ridiculously affordable (Wal Mart had $10 5 packs last time I went) so who cares if one gets ruined? I got splattered with spaghetti sauce while wearing one the other day and it barely registered on my annoyance scale. Wes wipes mud on me? Meh. Lose one on vacation? No big.Also, I am not making this up when I tell you that women have stopped me in the grocery store to ask where I got my shirt because it's the perfect white v-neck. I live in these and am not really sure what I wore before I discovered them.
And lastly, I have a confession. There's a new kid in town.
I KNOW. The ONE THING I really couldn't live without was the Chapstick in the black wrapper and then I went and upgraded to something else.But I really love this lip balm! I have the sun protecting one (my lips get burned super easy...a lot more easily than the rest of me, strangely enough) and the regular. I prefer the way the regular one goes on, but the spf one taste like passionfruit! And it prevents my lips from getting burned and all the nasty attendant after-effects. The best part is that I don't need to reapply nearly as often. I'm not sure what the difference is, but I don't find myself pulling my chapstick out of my pocket 20 times a day anymore. A few times does the job nicely and I'm a happy camper with passionfruit flavored lips. Life is good.





9 comments:
I'll have to try those shirts and the Burt Bees. I just bought, face wash, scrub, and moisturizer from Burt's Bees. I used it for the first time, yesterday. I hear it is good stuff. BTW, are you preggo?
Haha no, not pregnant. My parents asked the same thing when I went private. Just doing it for safety reasons!
Hey is that a mens v-neck shirt in your header photo? What size do you get?
Chalk me up for a water bottle! I am sick of stuffing my water, Ben's water, Gwen's water, etc. One bottle big enough for the lot of us, that's awesome!
I love these kinds of posts. Because I'm a shallow, teen-book-reading, non-NPR-listening-to kind of girl.
Yup, that's what I'm wearing in my header photo. I just get smalls and they fit me perfectly
went and bought a Sip bottle at Fry's today! LOVE it!
Thanks for the idea!
First, I am totally going to buy a pack of those shirts because I have one white t-shirt from Downeast that I wear constantly and it's getting grungy and I'm always paranoid about stains. Second, I'm glad you love the Burt's Bees! I was a dedicated cherry Chapsticker until I discovered just the original Burt's Bees and I never went back. I might have to try this SPF one though.
I'm going to buy those shirts immediately.
ps Do you have access to my blog?
i bought some of those shirts, and they are AMAZING. 6 pack for 8.50 at walmart!!! gloriously cheap and way comfy. thanks for blogging about them :P
Post a Comment