Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wanted: Nighttime Running Partner(s?)

I was doing SO awesome with running. I was running 2.5-3 miles a day, 4 days a week right up until my 5k was supposed to happen. That week I hurt my back and it took a couple visits to the chiropractor to get things back to normal non-hurting running-friendly configuration.

And now I have gotten out of the habit and totally fallen off the wagon. I need a break from my treadmill and really want to run outside. The problem is that I need to run at night after Aaron is home to be with Wes and I can't run alone in the dark (rapists! murderers! scary monsters!).

So this is my want ad for a running partner or two. A girl in my neighborhood agreed to run with me one or two nights a week when she can, but I've decided I'd like to run a few more nights a week.

I'd like to start running at 8 or 8:30. I'm not a super fast runner (I've been doing 10 minute miles but don't mind going more slowly) and I'd like to do 2-3 miles a night. I'm willing to drive if you're not in my immediate vicinity. The only nights I can't run are Thursdays since I'm helping Melody train for her half-marathon (go Melody!) (I ride a bike while she runs, in case you're wondering) (I only WISH I could keep up with her on foot).

So if you'd like to run one or two nights a week with me, let me know. I can come to you, you can come to me, we can meet at the track, whatever. I just really need to get out and get my lazy bum moving again.

Email me if you're interested! KaylaMoncur (at) gmail (dot) com

4 comments:

Lonica said...

Willing to travel to Ohio and run in 20 degree weather? Maybe we could meet halfway somewhere in Missouri? If so, we've got a great thing going. Let me know!

DCjosh said...

Make sure you check in with your chiro regularly. As you increase muscle mass from training you may re-subluxate your hips and knees. When my wife started to train I saw her every week (probably why she married me). As to your running at night thing, we had the same issues (I see patients late) have you tried running outside on weekends and slogging through a treadmill during the week? Grats on staying with it!!

emily said...

Oh I wish I didn't live so far away in Tennessee! I would love to run with you!

suzanne said...

I"m in! Klamath Falls is the place to be! Bring your snowsuit!