Thursday, June 21, 2007

Proof That My Conscience is Alive and Well

There's this lovely mirror I have been wanting for a while and this morning I decided, "What the heck, I'm going to buy it! Aaron won't mind. Sometimes it's easier to ask forgiveness than be denied permission anyway" (permission would have been denied. Aaron holds the purse strings pretty tightly). So I bought it. It was only $40 after tax and shipping and I was happy. For about 30 seconds. Then, I started to feel horribly horridly guilty.

After about 2 minutes of fretting I sent Aaron a very sad e-mail telling him how sorry I was and was I in big trouble? And please forgive me, I'm weak!

Fortunately, Aaron frankly forgave me and told me he loved me and reminded me not to do that ever again.

Lesson learned (I feel like I'm 5 years old).

I still really love my mirror though.

1 comment:

Janssen said...

I still haven't decided how I feel about the money issue in marriage. In some ways I like it because it keeps me from spending on things I know I shouldn't, but man, I hate the feeling guilty when I do spend money, even though I have a real job! And my husband doesn't really care what I spend. The guilt! It's crushing. Glad you got a mirror though; where's it going?