I have a handful of birthday parties/baby showers/etc. coming up and my gifts have ended up being a combination of new, homemade, and thrifted things. Which made me wonder:
I actually wrote a note to my mother-in-law telling her to put on the invitation hand-me-downs only for my baby shower. I love the feeling of reusing. Handmade would be awesome too though!
I love all kinds, but there's something really special about handmade. I want to build up a stash of homemade baby blankets/burp cloths/etc. to give away at appropriate times. Thrifted is great too, especially if it's something unique like decor or an older edition of a children's book, etc. But I love giving/getting practical stuff like diapers, wipes, bottles, binkies, etc., and a lot of those things I would feel really weird giving used! ;)
2 comments:
I actually wrote a note to my mother-in-law telling her to put on the invitation hand-me-downs only for my baby shower. I love the feeling of reusing. Handmade would be awesome too though!
I love all kinds, but there's something really special about handmade. I want to build up a stash of homemade baby blankets/burp cloths/etc. to give away at appropriate times. Thrifted is great too, especially if it's something unique like decor or an older edition of a children's book, etc. But I love giving/getting practical stuff like diapers, wipes, bottles, binkies, etc., and a lot of those things I would feel really weird giving used! ;)
Post a Comment