And ever since we had that conversation I can't stop dreaming about my backyard. I've been imagining dinner parties on the patio with a pretty tablecloth and twinkle lights and barbeque chicken and lemonade. And ways I can disguise our A/C unit.
I stopped by the thrift store down the road today in the vain hope that they might have a wheat grinder or pressure canner for cheap and instead found these:
Two beautifully simple carafes for 99 cents apiece. So I bought them, of course, because what ELSE would I be putting that lemonade in when our supposed backyard finally gets done?I was also hoping to find a ravioli cutter while I was there. But after a half-hearted dig through the massive box of random kitchen implements I gave up. An old man was also digging through, much more methodically than I was, and asked what I was looking for. I told him and then left to look through the children's books. I came back a few minutes later and he had found and set aside a 29 cent ravioli cutter for me.
I love nice people! And dreaming about my backyard. Oh, the possibilities!(you know I'll blog about it in great depth whenever we actually do it. Be prepared)





5 comments:
I so need you to teach me the way of the Goodwill. I am such a failure.
Please invite me to a backyard patio dinner under the stars with lemonade from those carafes. I will drive down from Provo.
I have a backyard. It is too hot, and there is no patio. So I, too, dream of a NICE backyard, with a big patio, and a door that would lead out to the patio. And I am waiting (kind of patiently) for the seven trees we planted to grow. Please hurry and grow, so you can shade me. Backyards are nice to dream about, and I love lemonade in carafes.
I love the lemonade jars. Make it homemade because I think it would look extra good displayed in those! Oh, and you're one of the few people I know with a preemie baby so to prepare myself (just in case) I revisited your birth story with Wes!
Ever since we started looking for houses that have backyards, I can't stop daydreaming about dinner parties either! One day...
By the way, thanks for all your help in planning my birthday party :)
Post a Comment