

I ran the Scottsdale Night Run for the Arts on Saturday with my good friends Heather and Marisa and her husband Paul. The weather was perfect, the route was great and I only felt like dying just a little bit there at the end after they sent us up a hill. Note to selves: add hill training.
All the runners: Paul, Marisa, Heather and me. Heather's husband, Collin, and son, Coen hung out with Aaron and Wes while we ran.
Me and my lovely and beloved running partners before heading to the starting line. I actually LOOK FORWARD to running because of them. Crazy, but true.
Heather and I crossing the finish line. We shaved a 1/2 minute off our mile time! Which I was feeling pretty good about until this guy ran the 8k in 25 minutes. That's a 5 minute mile, my friends, and I'm pretty sure it would kill me.Next up: a September 10k!





10 comments:
I've only ever run one official race - the Rex Lee Run at BYU in 2003(?) - and I was surprised to find myself wanting to quit about ever other minute. "It's not worth all the pain," I'd keep telling myself. But I kept running and the finish line finally made its way toward my tired-as-ever body.
This excellent post makes me kind of want to run again (though I'll leave the 25 minute 8k to others). Way to improve your time, btw!
Well done!
Also, am so jealous not to be running with you.
Also, I love you for quoting Jimmy Eat World.
I've only ever done the Rex Lee Run too. I sure felt hard core with my runner's number and such though.
The weather in Arizona in the early evening...swoon. What fabulous conditions to run in, and what great people to do it with. Way to be.
Look at you! Congrats girly!
xox
Thank you--thank you--for letting me sing Jimmy Eat World in my head. It's been too long.
Way to go! That looks like so much fun. I'd love to run with you in Sept.
Congrats on your run! You guys look great!
That's awesome Kayla! I would love to say I ran an 8K! Maybe someday...
The first week we were dating, Tim and I ran a 5k together. I HATE running, but try to do it because I know it's good for me and I like how I feel afterwards. Tim, I did not know at the time, is a marathon runner. He was one of the first, I straggled in last. It was embarrassing, especially since I was the one who invited him to the race. That was my last race. Perhaps forever.
So you went with Asics? I like Ascis. :) LOVE the pics! People who do races with 5 min per mile times aren't human...they are half CHEETAH!
Post a Comment