That's pretty much what my blog has been like lately. It's lagging and lacking. It has no spark or humor or anything to make it really worth reading. It's my own fault since the more I blogged the more I had to blog about and the better my words came. My self imposed blogging slow down killed my blogging mojo.
And so I am tentatively stepping back into slightly more frequent blogging. Probably not daily but definitely more often than the once every week or two I've been averaging. I miss writing and I miss the ease with which words used to come when I wrote frequently. I have plenty of time during naptime and after Wes goes to bed, so I might as well use it.
But I need help.
Before I started writing this post I spent 20 minutes looking for blogging prompts and found nothing that inspired me. So I'm turning to the few readers I have left.
Give me a topic. Ask a question. Send me in a direction. It can be anything and if you give me something then I will write about it. Maybe requiring myself to use your prompts will jumpstart my brain and get me back into blogging mode!
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I always like reading your blog!
I'm trying to keep up regular blogging, and sometimes if I just sit down and start typing I get some ideas. Also, if I get a random blog idea in the middle of the day, I try to start a quick draft with just a few words to help me remember, save it, and get back to it at a later day. Otherwise, the idea will probably fly right out of my brain, never to return.
Anyway, I'm not sure if any of these prompts will be helpful, but how about...
Blog about a book that changed the way you look at the world, or that moved you in some way.
Share some of your family lore ... a memory from your childhood that sticks with you, something unique about your family, etc.
Share something about the house you grew up in.
Blog about a time you did something you were really scared to do.
Products you can't live without.
Ok, that's all I've got for now. Good luck!
OOh, I love hearing about bad dating stories - yours or someone you know. You're super funny along those lines.
Kayla, your blog is always so fun to read, I'm happy you are going to be blogging a bit more frequently. I would say anything you write about is interesting and funny but three things I loved learning from you were your tree mural, your homemade cake stand (plate + pillar) and your chocolate chip ball. So basically what I'm getting at is: when all else fails and there is nothing interesting to write about, post a "how-to."
Post a Comment