Sunday, August 26, 2007

Mobile Blogging

I'm spending this week in Utah visiting Nikki and Sam. They just moved into a new apartment and finally have room for the rest of their wedding presents so my mom and I took a road trip up to bring them all the gifts they left behind. We got here late Thursday night and thus far have had a blast. Must remember to take more pictures...

Quick rundown of my trip thus far:

Friday, after sleeping in and going for a long walk around the neighborhood, we met Nikki for lunch at Noodles & Co, which I always meant to try while I lived here but just never got around to it. It was so good! We recommend the macaroni and cheese and the pesto cavatappi. Fantastic! The flatbread it pretty good too.

After that, Nikki went back to work and mom and I finally found the little French bakery my French teacher told me about a couple years ago. Turns out, it's right across the street from Nikki and Sam's and it finally has adequate signage and we found it no problem. We had some awesome pain au chocolat and almond somethingerother and brought home a lovely chocolate mousse crepe thing to share with Nikki and Sam. Mom and I are in love.

After that we headed down to the BYU campus. Mom wanted a new BYU sweatshirt and I just love wandering around the place so we went to the bookstore. Smack dab in the middle of a million old ladies visiting for education week. We battled the crowds and I ended up with a little BYU shirt for the impending Moncur, 2 maternity shirts (of COURSE the BYU bookstore would have cute maternity clothes), and a really pretty print for the nursery. I hadn't intended to buy anything, by the way. Sorry Aaron.

That night we got to hang out with Sam's sister Summer and her husband Josh. We had dinner at Pizza Factory and dessert at Pudding on the Rice. Turns out rice pudding isn't half bad. And yes, all we've really done during this trip is eat. Who knew Provo and Orem offered such great culinary experiences? All I remember eating here was Little Caesar's $5 pizza.

Saturday morning Lizzy brough baby Rebecca over and we got to hang out for a while. It was nice to see her! I lived around and with her for over 2 years and I got kind of used to having her around, so I miss her. After that, mom, Nikki, Sam, and I met Heather Jacobsen at the movie theater to see Becoming Jane. Which we all loved (Sam said he liked it but he's lying). Except for the crappy unhappy ending. But if you know anything about Jane Austen you know she never married which gives you an idea of how it turns out, so I don't feel bad for possibly ruining that for you.

For dinner my mom and I made fondue in Nik and Sam's new fondue pots. We had a lovely cheese course and Heather and Matt showed up for the chocolate course. It was kind of a lot of work but it was really good.

Today we went to Nikki and Sam's new ward but the baby decided today was a great day to make me really sick so I kind of had to make a run for it right after the sacrament. I spent the rest of the morning in the lobby and having intimate face to face conversations with the toilet in the handicap bathroom (which was mercifully empty). After sacrament meeting we decided to go home and let me puke in private in peace.

Tonight we're heading up to Draper to see new baby cousin Jack and fam. Tomorrow I get to see freshman roomie Nicole and Tuesday we're going to Salt Lake to the SLC tempe and family history library and whatever else we feel like. I felt like a week would be more than adequate time to see everyone I wanted to see but turns out..it's kinda not. I'm more popular than I thought!

Sorry if this was a really boring post but I've been a laaazy blogger lately and had to write SOMETHING. Next post I promise will contain pictures. Possibly of my prego belly and new haircut. Possibly just of Nikki and Sam's really precious new kitten.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I used to be addicted to the pesto cavatappi. Thanks for reminding me how much I loved that...although it will torture me until my next UT visit. Hope you continue to have fun-Provo is such a fun place when you don't actually live there!