1. I am old.
Every once in a while I used to ask my mom or dad how old they were and they would have to think about it. And even after they thought about it they still sometimes weren't sure. "I'm either 38 or 39," they'd say. And that would totally blow my mind because I always knew EXACTLY how old I was. Thirteen years and 10 months. Only two months to go until fourteen!!
And then I hit 21.
For some reason, 21 was the magical mystical number at which point my exact age no longer mattered. Last night I was pouring myself a midnight bowl of cereal and realized I had no clue if I was 22 or 23. I had to think about it for a really long time before finally just doing the math and discovering that I'm 23.
I'm not sure if that means I'm maturing or going senile.
2. I'm not fond of my hair.
I'm never brave enough to chop it off (I mean really chop it off. Like boy short chop it off) but I'm too impatient to let it grow into my alternative, which is really long. So I end up with shoulder length hair, which is a compromise (except not) which I hate. It looks fabulous on some people but for me it just feels blah. I'm really tired of my hair.
3. My living room carpet is clean.
We had a couple little wear patterns in our carpet around where the coffee table used to be and so I finally got around to borrowing my mom's carpet cleaner (if you know her, it totally makes sense that she owns her own carpet cleaner) and cleaned the carpets last night. If the water that I dumped out afterward is any indication, our carpet was filthy. I'm kind of embarrassed. But it's clean now! Everyone come over and marvel at the cleanliness! But take off your shoes first please, thanks.
4. It's cooling down!!
Aaron and I have both gotten out our comforters over the past couple days (although Aaron only got out one of his, so you know it's not really that cold yet). Wes kept waking up last night because he was cold. I'd go in, warm his toes, pop his binky back in, and wrap him up in his blanket. Buying him some socks is on my to-do list for today. And apparently he requires more than 2 layers at night so I'm going to have to figure out how to fit more layers on him. And it's not even really cold yet! The rest of the winter is going to be interesting on the baby dressing front (side note: I love this hat. I think Wes would rock it. If he kept it on).
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





14 comments:
I am the same way with my age now - I have NO idea how old I am these days.
Yeah, I think 21 was my break point too.
Incidentally, Moncur is an awesome name. I like your current blog header. (Huh, you're on the first page of Google results for "moncurs".)
I sometimes struggle with how old I am. I still think I'm 21. I'm not.
Also, we borrowed Summer's carpet cleaner over the weekend and cleaned our carpets. We went over the same section like 5 times with new water each time, and the water always came out just as dirty as the time before. I'm not sure it would ever get clean, regardless of how many times we go over it. Really frustrating. (But now I want my own steam cleaner. I'd do our carpets every week, I think.)
I still can't believe I'm 25. Other people can be 25. I am not 25. If you ask me I'll say, "Hmmm...well, I was 21 when I got married..." or something else equally stupid. Honestly, I feel so old.
I feel 21, just like Nikki. I always felt like 23 is when you actually grow up. I can't believe I'm that old.
You might consider making a sack for Wes to sleep in. My friend made one for her baby. Essentially it is two rectangles of fleece sown together all the way around with holes for his arms and head. There's a zipper on the side so he can get in and out. Anyway, the kid loves his sack, and it means he doesn't wiggle out of his blankets at night. I seriously considered making my own sack this winter. Not even kidding.
1. you are old, you old 23 year old fart :)
2. your hair is adorable, always. at least you can do things with it besides put it in a ponytail, unlike my incompetent self.
3. clean floors rock. Which is why I despise carpet and will always, always love wood floors. So much less of a hassle to clean.
4. its 80 here today! This is incredible news. I fear its just the last bit of Indian summer before we hit 40. Brrr.
5. Totally unrelated… but I miss you!
Wow! Commenting right after THE Shawna Cozens makes me awesome, doesn't it? I mean, Shawna Cozens!
I've always been one of the few guys who prefer short hair to long on girls. Janssen looks great with short or long hair (though I'm not into the boy cuts, and, thankfully, neither is she), but I prefer the just longer than shoulder length she's got going right now. Especially when she pulls back her front bangs. Wow.
I lost track of my age a bit mid-twenties. But ever since I started feeling old in the later twenties, I usually know exactly how old I am (to the year, not the month), and how long I have left till I'm 30. Twenty-three was a fantastic age. You and Janssen should enjoy it!
My mom told people that she was 48 two years in a row. Except that the first year she was actually 47, she just couldn't remember it. Oops.
Grow your hair out!!! Go to GNC and grap some biotin pills. Your hair will grow like a weed.
Kayla, you know I read your blog. How can you blog about how you are old?
Bawb- thanks, I love my last name! When Aaron introduced himself I was fresh off a semester of French at BYU and I was like, "Sold."
Shawna- I miss you toooo :(
Bart- I'm fairly certain I'll be very aware of my age as I approach 30. *shiver*
Kristy- This has nothing to do with your comment, but you guys should really come visit.
ps, Bart rocks.
I've got a solution for Wes's coldness...I did this with all my kids in the winter thx to crappy old windows that let the cold in...put him in a t-shirt and layer a blanket sleeper over it. He'll be toasty all night. My mom laughs, but if you think of it the t-shirt is his jammies and the sleeper his blanket. It's how we sleep. The poor little guys can't help but kick blankets off all night. Poor Tagg was freezing last night too...I was too lazy to put another layer on him, so I put him in bed with me...HE slept much better. I have two brand new sleepers (still in the package), if you want them...it can be an early b-day gift :) Let me know.
Post a Comment