Monday, October 20, 2008

Letters

Dear Robert Downey Jr.,

So, I finally saw Iron Man (better late than never!), and I have made a discovery.

You are hot.

I KNOW! I'm just as surprised as you are! I mean, I had heard that you pulled off Tony Stark very admirably but I was like, "Robert Downey Jr? Really?" And then I watched it once and fell in love with you. And then a few days later I actually watched the whole thing a second time. I don't do that often. Mostly just for the part where you're in the cave wearing that wife beater and hammering something


(phew. It just got hot in here). And that part where you said, "Yeah. I can fly." That line makes me just a smidge faint.

In any event, I just wanted to say congratulations on being the same age as my mom (who, I might add, is a grandmother) and yet still hot enough where I'd have to seriously consider my options if you showed up at my door and asked me to run away with you.


Waiting on your knock,

Kayla


_____________________________


Dear Wes,

Congratulations! You truly are an awesome roller. This is a well established fact by now, you don't have to prove it to me. So let's stop rolling over in the tub, shall we? Mommy doesn't want or need a heart attack at this stage in her life.


Sloppy kisses,

Mommy

P.S. So, I had this idea. It's a little crazy, but just for a change of pace, how do you feel about learning how to crawl??


_____________________________


Dear Weather,

I am annoyed at your fickle nature and stubborn determination to hang on to 100 degree weather. Remember how for a week you were so awesome and slightly cool and I could walk around outside without sweating? It was so novel! So new! So wonderfully droll!

Let's get back to that, shall we? I'm so totally over summer. And I actually like sleeping with a comforter. I'm counting on you to make that dream a reality.


Waiting on the REAL fall,

Kayla


_____________________________


Dear People Who Want Affordable Family Christmas Pictures,

DM's running a thing. And since DM is what keeps me home with Wes instead of sending me back out into the working world, I'm going to pimp their wares (plus I just think they take great pictures).

Info here.


Lovingly,

She Who Really Really Likes Being a Stay at Home Mommy

P.S. They have a really exciting project coming up next year and I totally want to tell you about it but then I'd have to kill you. Just know that it's going to be an awesome experience for them and I look forward to telling you all about it.


_____________________________


Dear People Who Like TV and Love and Good Things,

Once upon a time my friend Raquel told me I should be watching Pushing Daisies. But since we don't have any kind of way to watch tv around here I kind of put it off. Until I discovered full episodes online.

Friends, I am completely and totally in love.


I am in love with the show in general. I am in love with Chuck (the dead-but-not girlfriend). I am in love with Olive Snook (when is Kristin Chenoweth NOT brilliant and precious?). But mostly, I am in love with The Pie Maker (Ned, played by Lee Pace, whom I intend to marry someday. I'm not sure how that's going to work out, but I have faith). Just watch how he smiles at Chuck and be prepared to melt all over your keyboard. Seriously. He actually makes it into my dreams on a regular basis, something only Aaron and a couple others I don't need to talk about have accomplished. He is just. that. darling.

Start watching it. Invite Lee Pace into your dreams. Wish you could be Chuck minus the touch-and-you-die bit. There's enough love to go around.


Enjoy!

Kayla

P.S. Just saw Lee Pace in The Fall. I actually caught myself with my mouth hanging open a few times, it's just so pretty. The swimming elephant scene alone made me want to dive into the screen. Totally worth watching.


_____________________________


Dear House Cleaning Fairies,

You've been slacking. Get back to work. Or else.


Sincerely,

One Who Might Start Saying Things About Not Believing in Fairies...

12 comments:

Janssen said...

Note to self: Start watching Pushing Daisies. Why am I not?

Braden said...

Yeah, Pushing Daisies, Saturday Night Lights, and The Office are the only plot shows we watch. It's great.

Becca said...

First of all, you are too funny.

Second of all, I have held a grudge against Robert Downey Jr. ever since he used eyeglasses to betray the good guys in U.S. Marshals. Iron Man totally restored him to my good graces.

Third of all, Lee Pace. Lee Pace. Lee effing Pace. If you haven't already seen Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day, get it now--if ONLY for Lee Pace. The tender pianist who is willing to leave you if you're stupid but then come back and fight for your love...wow. It's a good look on him.

Becca said...

Also--his middle name is actually Grinner. So perfect for the morose Pie Maker.

Bart said...

I kept scrolling down, trying to find the letter to your husband apologizing for that first letter. Tsk, tsk.

Bart said...

P.S. I agree that Robert Downey Jr. does a fantastic job as Iron Man. What a great movie!! I'm the same way with re-runs - I usually won't see a movie twice in a short period of time. But we went a second time to Iron Man and loved it just as much the second viewing. Penelope was a good second-timer, too, for some odd reason.

Bart said...

Hey Kayla,

Janssen just saw my comment on your post with the "tsk, tsk" and said it sounded judgmental. My apologies. I'm sure Aaron is completely comfortable knowing Tony Stark won't show up at your doorstep, and that even if he did, you'd choose Aaron because of his mad photography skills and because of this.

Bart

TheMoncurs said...

Bart-

No worries, I totally didn't think you were judging me. I was actually going to comment back that I'm sure Aaron is waiting on the same letter.

Don't worry, my post next week will be about how much I love him to make up for the fact that I openly declared love for 2 other men this week.

hediyeh said...

Hi Kayla! Thelma sent me the link to your blog because she wanted me to read your post about Ironman. I too love Robert Downey Jr. Unfortunately, I wrote him a letter very similar to yours and he has yet to respond :( Maybe one day. I don't really know how it's possible for one man to be so cool, but it happened and I'm in love. Hope things are going well!

Hediyeh

Staci said...

Love all your letters!:)

We FINALLY rented Iron Man this week & I loved it! Better late than never!

And about the fall thing...ditto. Where the heck is FALL!?!

Raquel & Dave just recently told us we need to watch Pushing Daisies as well. Guess I need to check it out.

PS-can you please send the house cleaning fairies to my house, when they are done with yours? thank you.

Unknown said...

I was unaware that you took my Pushing Daisies request. I was recording it while we were at yoga last night, and after you left I watched it. Bummer, we should have watched together. Next time. Don't you just love it?!

Becky said...

Robert Downey Jr. is hot in Iron Man...who'd have EVER thought?? Really...